Pigeon-Talk banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Post a photo of her droppings plse. Do you think the crop is waterfilled and that's why she topples over? Might have yeast/sour crop.

Start adding apple cider vinegar (natural unfiltered brand with the mother) to her drinking water. 5 ml acv to 1 litre of water. Can you get Nystatin from a pharmacy?
Wood Twig Grass Soil Water

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Can you get Nystatin? If he has yeast, then this will help. This is also a good start for treatment, cause if he has yeast and you give antibiotics then the yeast will get worse. The acv in the water will also help for a slight yeast infection, but Nystatin will be better. I will pm my email.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found a pigeon on its back on the pavement. Possibly flew into a window. Seems quit young. Can not stand up.
had some water.
Have it inside with hay bedding.
it does not seem to have any injuries that I can see but can not stand. I touched it’s kegs snd spread its wings but does not wince. No open cuts.
what shall I do next snd what shall I feed it in the morning. Porridge ok?
Unpopped popcorn if you have it. May just be stressed. [email protected]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hi Marina,
Not great actually. Found him again on his back this morning.
Have been giving him the meds you suggested but does not seem to be doing anything.
Just force fed a bit of avocado. But really not interested in food.
I'm feeling a little down about it as I'm just not sure what else to do.
Have tried all the things people have suggested.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
In our country you can, but you are from Australia and won't be able to. Human metronidazole can be used. Ronidazole is specific for birds. Petshops that sell aquarium goods usually have Fishzole, that's the same as metronidazole.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Do you add apple cider vinegar to his drinking water? Cinnamon is also good for them. If you can't get meds, feed him 3 peasized balls of cinnamon during the course of the day. What food are you handfeeding?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Hi Marina,
Just waiting for petshop to open to see if they have the meds.
Thank you I gave some cinnamon this morning with a dropper.
Yes I have been adding apple cider and lemon to vitamin water.
The food I have tried unsuccessfully are mashed peas and corn, mashed sunflower seed and wild bird mix. Chicken starter mixed with water, grated carrots, sweet potato mashed, porridge

21 - 33 of 33 Posts