Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
My mother found a pigeon on our driveway, and looks like its not fully an adult pigeon because it doesn't have enough feathers in its wings. The pigeon appears to have fallen and has a head injury. One side is bloated, and seem to have affected one of its eyes. The pigeon stands, eats, and doesn't attempt to fly or go away. We put her in a box with a little blanket. What can I do to treat the injury?
Kendale Lakes/ Miami/ FL/ United States

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Thank you for bringing the bird inside. Please keep in subdued light and quiet area for now.

Could you post a smaller clearer picture of the trauma area and the whole bird. Are there any other injuries on the bird?

Could the bird have been predator caught? If predator caught it will need antibiotics.

Here is a link (do's and dont's) on head trauma/concussion. http://www.pigeonrescue.co.uk/concussion.htm

If this truly is blunt trauma you can use a homeopathic called arnica montana, as it will help to quickly clean up bruising/blood and swelling but needs to be used asap. I have used it and it absolutely does work, if this is what it is.

For injuries or swelling in eye, you can use nano or colloidal silver drops, one drop in each eye.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts