Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A pigeon with white body and black tail feathers and some brown on the white, black beak landed in our yard yesterday (6/28/09). He was fed bread, stayed on our ledge all night, and is still here. What should we do. I put out a large bowl of water, but haven't fed him as it is my understanding he would find his way home after a nights rest and if he wasn't injured which it doesn't appear he is. He is now perched on our window ledge again and doesn't look like he is going anyway. What to do?

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
A pigeon with white body and black tail feathers and some brown on the white, black beak landed in our yard yesterday (6/28/09). He was fed bread, stayed on our ledge all night, and is still here. What should we do. I put out a large bowl of water, but haven't fed him as it is my understanding he would find his way home after a nights rest and if he wasn't injured which it doesn't appear he is. He is now perched on our window ledge again and doesn't look like he is going anyway. What to do?
where are you located? this could be a fancy pigeon or a performance pigeon that has gotten lost. can you see a band on him? If you can catch and keep him in a safe place that would be good ,If you can see where he perches at night you can perhaps get him then, you can feed him some seed in the meantime and see if he will come down to eat it. if he does have a band possible to find out where he came from.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts