Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There's a banded pigeon in my yard. I've been out of town so I'm not sure how long it's been here, but at least since yesterday morning (8/12). The green band says NCRC 2008 2528. It's brown and white. My email is [email protected]. I have a call into the Wildlife Care Association, but I don't have alot of time to devote to caring for this bird and I don't know if I can catch it at the moment as it has gone into the rose bushes. It seems to be fine, but has no inclination to fly. I do have a sunroom with lots of windows. It could have flown into a window and be injured in some way that's not obvious. It would be great if the owner could come and take it out of my yard.

I'm located in the pocket area of Sacramento.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
No one will be able to help you unless you contain the bird. if you would pick it up and put it in a small animal kennel where it is secure, that would be wonderful. I doubt wild care is going to help with a banded bird.
If the bird hit the window, it may look OK but actually have a head injury.
it also would be helpful to know where you are located. We are an International forum and if we have a member near you, that member may be willing to help out.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Janis...This is the only place I have in Sacramento.
They do have a volunteer that does take Pigeons. I don't know her name but I'm sure they will.

Sierra Wildlife Rescue
P.O. Box 2127
Placerville, CA
530-621-4661
Located in the Sacramento Foothills
http://www.sierrawildliferescue.org/photo.htm

·
Registered
695 Posts
Wildcare in Sacramento still takes pigeons (one of my bird's vets works there), they're located on the old Mclellan AFB site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts