Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got in a sick pigeon today with this band 2009 AU AVI 90 - i havent been able to trace it on the internet if anyone can help me locate the owner.

Also got a call from a lady in Huntersville who has a flock of banded pigeons coming to her house. She said she wants them removed but they are over an hour from us. If you knwo anyone who will go out and trap the pigeons please let me know.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I got in a sick pigeon today with this band 2009 AU AVI 90 - i havent been able to trace it on the internet if anyone can help me locate the owner.

Also got a call from a lady in Huntersville who has a flock of banded pigeons coming to her house. She said she wants them removed but they are over an hour from us. If you knwo anyone who will go out and trap the pigeons please let me know.
Club Name : ARIZONA VALLEY INV RPC
Club Code : AVI
Club Secretary : ED THOMAS
City : BENSON
State : AZ
Phone No. : 520-586-4468

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did contact the arizona group. I just wondered if birds really get raced over 2000 miles at a time?

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Ok. If you don't want to call me...........the AVI bird probably is from a local special race somewhere. I know the Dixie Southern is in your area,, but according to the band list for birds entered in their race, the bird isn't from there. It's also possible that someone in your area bought the bird from someone in AZ. Just never know.
Regardless, the AZ club SHOULD get in touch with you and tell you who the bird was sent to.
As far as the Charlotte birds, there is a fancier in Huntersville and I know he's got quite a few missing birds. Whether these birds are his or not, I don't know, but he might be willing to go have a look and see and if they are, maybe can release some birds to see if they'll follow his home. It would be worth a try to give him a call.
Here's his info:

Club Name :
Club Code : CLYDESDALE
Club Secretary : GUY RICHARDSON
City : HUNTERSVILLE
State : NC
Phone No. : 704-875-0239

1 - 8 of 8 Posts