Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a tagged domestic pigeon in my apartment complex. The bird is secured in a cage and seems healthy. I tried to look up its tag but nothing comes up. I am looking for a new home for this pigeon, I have two cats and it is risky for me to keep it.

I will give this pigeon and the bird cage for free to a good home. It would be great if it was a home with more pigeons or a large space to keep it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Thank you for rescuing this lovely bird, he is definitely lost and I am glad you secured the bird. It definitely is domestic and used to being housed and fed.

First and foremost, is the bird eating and drinking water? Because if it is not, it will need to be hand fed. The condition of the bird depends on him eating well. The bird may also be sick/starved, depends on how long it was outside by itself.

Could you please share the band information with us so we can check and see if we can locate the club it belongs to.

If owner cannot be located you can find the bird a home, the bird may just be from your area and/or there could be a local flyer that might take it. You can also adopt it out by posting in our adoption forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pigeon is eating and drinking just fine, it's actually eager to get out of the cage and keeps pacing and trying to find an exit. I had it for around 3 days now, it seems healthy and energetic.

The tag is AU 37449

1 - 6 of 6 Posts