Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found two baby Pigeons on the side of my house earlire today. We've waited serveral hours for the mother to come for them but don't see any. I take them in my house and put them in a diaper box. I don't know anything about birds!!!! They are about the size of my palm, have feathers but not enough on their wings. One of the pigeon try to walk but it look like his legs are still weak. How can i tell how old are they? how to take care of them ?

·
Registered
12,522 Posts
You can go here and match up pictures until you get an idea of how old they are:

http://www.speedpigeon.com/baby_racing_pigeon.htm

Pigeons are seed eaters (don't try to feed them worms or bugs) so it's possible that you've got something in the house that they can eat when we figure out how old they are. They're not going to die of starvation immediately so it's not quite the panic that it would be if it were some other smaller bird.

Pidgey

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. I bought some Hand feeding formula and try to feed them with a syring. However, I can't get them to open their peak to eat. Was I suppose to open it to force? or maybe they are just not hungry or too scare?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the pictures. The pigeons are between 12 to 15 days base on the pictures. what should I do now?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi phil,
sorry my computer froze for a few minutes. We found the baby pigeon inside the corner of out roof while cleaning. but because it was so tilted down we were afraid they might fall down like some of the dead baby pigeon and eggs we found on the ground.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Phil.........If Bebevan is having a problem transporting the birds to you downtown, please let me know. I live in Henderson, and will gladly pick up the babies and bring them to you.

If I can help in any way, please let me know.

Louise

·
Registered
10,376 Posts
Hi Louise,

They do not answer their 'phone...no communication today...I have no idea what is happenning...they were supposed to be here dropping the Babys off at 9:30 this morning...I have called several times, just getting their answer-machine, where I left messages...but no call-backs yet...

You could 'PM' them and see if they need transport help...

Thanks!

Phil
l v

·
Registered
10,376 Posts
Kind of a 'Cliff-Hanger'...

No comunication...no one answers their 'phone...no PMs, no anything.

Hope they are alright...

Phil
l v

1 - 15 of 15 Posts