Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday, May 30th, 2009 a white homing pigeon landed in our yard and seems to think he is home. We are not bird people, but he is quite a handsome pigeon, if you like pigeons. He has a RED band with "AD 2006 233" printed on it...He also has a solid green band.

I have contacted Animal Control to see if anyone has reported one missing, but haven't heard anything. I rescue GSDs, so I do love animals, but have NO desire for this little fella to start roosting here. I am on 7 acres, so if he can fend for himself, I don't mind, but I really would prefer that someone take him in.

I know nothing about birds! HELP!

It is time to make your move!
Casey Speas
Long & Foster Realtors
www.caseyspeas.com
Direct: (804) 387-2450
Email: [email protected]

Coastal WGSD Rescue Referral
www.coastalwgsdrr.org
Coastal Canines Calendars

Image Instinct
www.imageinstinct.com

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Saturday, May 30th, 2009 a white homing pigeon landed in our yard and seems to think he is home. We are not bird people, but he is quite a handsome pigeon, if you like pigeons. He has a RED band with "AD 2006 233" printed on it...He also has a solid green band.

I have contacted Animal Control to see if anyone has reported one missing, but haven't heard anything. I rescue GSDs, so I do love animals, but have NO desire for this little fella to start roosting here. I am on 7 acres, so if he can fend for himself, I don't mind, but I really would prefer that someone take him in.

I know nothing about birds! HELP!

It is time to make your move!
Casey Speas
Long & Foster Realtors
www.caseyspeas.com
Direct: (804) 387-2450
Email: [email protected]

Coastal WGSD Rescue Referral
www.coastalwgsdrr.org
Coastal Canines Calendars

Image Instinct
www.imageinstinct.com
Have you actually held the pigeon and read the band? I ask, because I don't think that's all of the information and without complete band number/letters, there's no way to trace the band. I wonder if the AD is actually AU? If so, there should be another single letter such as A or I OR a series of letters. Please let us know. We'll be glad to give you the info for finding the owner if we can.
Can you tell us where you are? Maybe a pigeon fancier near you can help out. The bird really needs to be captured if possible. Without capture, there's not a lot that anyone can do. Thanks for reporting it.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
There are some pigeon fanciers in Richmond, VA. I see from the area code that you're in that area. I'm going to send you my phone number in a private message. If you want to call me, you can. I'm down in Martinsville, VA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey...Thanks for the quick response...As I stated above, I rescue GSDs, but I am not always so quick to respond! Thanks! We have started calling him/her Homey??? Have no clue why, just a sick sense of humor I guess! He seems healthy, so I suspect he is OK...My husband mananged to capture him in his hands, and had me read the band. I was pretty sure I saw ALL info on the band. It was definitely FLYAWAY AD 2006 233. I did see your explanations of what the symbols stand for, so if anything, maybe, there was a letter before the first A...

He/She doesn't seem to be going anywhere, but I really don't want to encourage him to stay as I really don't have a way of caring for him. He seems to be feeding on some hay bales we have here...He doesn't seem to be visiting our neighbors, so feel free to have someone contact me on my cell (if you have a local fancier)...I am not going to stay on line much longer...

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
maybe you can email someone here with the info, they may know someone with a loft named "flyaway"...AD have not seen, I'v seen ADA, american dove association....called two white dove realeasers nearest to this area and left messages of the info...well see what happens, I would email the two in this link but i don't have email here at work...
http://www.doveline.com/contact.html

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I talked to Casey by phone last night and sent her the info on where I THINK the bird came from. The two of us will be corresponding by email and/or phone as she doesn't have a lot of time to spend on the computer. I'll be sure the update the thread when we know more. The bird has to be captured first and she was going to try to do that this morning, but I don't think it happened.......so...........we'll see how it all turns out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.