Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A docile all white pigeon found it's way into our courtyard Tuesday evening and spent the night. It may have an injury to its wing but I can't be sure. Currently it is safe in a pet carrier with food and water inside my home. The bird is not tagged. I assume someone lost their pet pigeon or??? I am unfamiliar with being a pigeon pet owner. I live in San Jose, CA.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Thank you for your care and quick action catching this needy bird.

First and foremost to its recovery....Is the bird drinking and eating? What did you give the bird to eat?

Can you post a picture?

Sorry about all the questions, but we need some more info to help with recovery.

Scroll on this link to California, there are some local sources for help:http://pij-n-angels.forumotion.net/t95-matilda-s-list-united-states-a-k

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Sorry for not responding sooner. The pigeon I believe is eating and drinking and making quite the mess with its bird-seed food and water. Through my neighborhood blog a woman who rescues birds took the pigeon to her Vet Thursday for an assessment; w/o doing xrays they believe it is a soft tissue injury. The pigeon is in good hands and is being tended to.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Good... thanks for caring for this needy little guy.... you done well.... you may want a couple of pigeons and enjoy them.... they are very beautiful and peaceful birds..... you may say to yourself I don't know nothing about pigeons but all of us started that way.... I don't know... just a thought

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Thank you for rescuing the pigeon and take him to the kind lady that cares for pigeons. Is there any chance the we know who she is, some kind of contact info. May be her email.
If other people from that area come of the PT and they don't know or have the time to care for a sick/ injured pigeon, we can direct them to your rescuer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts