Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found white homing pigeon with colored band (no letters or numbers) near Lagrange, KY. contact me at 502 216 9184

·
Registered
221 Posts
If the owner do not want it any more, It would be a good idea to post some pictures of the bird, If you cannot keep it maybe someone else would.

If at the end you and nobody else not even the owner wants the bird and he/she is not ill or injured, try to release him where you found him, but do not take him to a shelter probably they will just kill it even if healthy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good advice about not taking it to a shelter. It has been hanging out for several weeks with the doves around our barn. Noticed the other day it had a simple pink band on it. Today, it followed me into the barn. I caught it with a fishing net. It seems healthy and content. So I guess no one is probably looking for it. Perhaps I should just let it go where I found it.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Good advice about not taking it to a shelter. It has been hanging out for several weeks with the doves around our barn. Noticed the other day it had a simple pink band on it. Today, it followed me into the barn. I caught it with a fishing net. It seems healthy and content. So I guess no one is probably looking for it. Perhaps I should just let it go where I found it.
maybe so.. but only if she is well fed and healthy enough.. if this is a homing pigeon she should fly back home at some point.. but not always. white release for weddings do usually band their birds so they can get them back.. they do not like to lose birds, so not sure who or why someone did not band this one so they can not be traced.. so really without the band..the bird is yours. if you need any help on how to care for her would be glad to help. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts