Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all. As you may know, I was trying to rehome two pair of pigeons to PT member Crab_Shrapnel. He had recently lost his two birds, and I thought this was a way to help him out. Unfortunately, It appears that he cannot take them. Therefore, I'm looking for homes for four birds. All of them are 2010 young birds, from two different hatchings. They are New York Flying Flights crossed with Racing Homers. They all look more like Flights than homers. They have never been flown, aside from the time two of them escaped. (Fortunately, it was right before feeding time, so they came back pretty quickly when they saw the food dish!)

Two of these birds are brown and white, and the other two are black and white. I have been told that they are grizzles or tigers. I couldn't tell a tiger from a grizzly bear, so I'm going to let you decide for yourselves. One of these pairs has laid eggs three times before, but I removed the eggs each time. They would probably make great fosters or pumpers.

Now for the deal...Another member on this site was kind enough to send me a four-bird box when we thought the birds were going to help out a young enthusiast. I will send the birds anywhere in the continental U.S for just the cost of shipping. (Should be under $50.00). Please send me a PM or email [email protected] if you are interested in these birds.

I have attached pictures of two of the birds. The other two look just like them except they are black where these ones are brown.

View attachment 17118 View attachment 17119
Peter

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
just a question, because they are FF crosses could they be settled do you think?:)
I was talking with a Flights guy, and he thought there wouldn't be a problem with flying them after they are settled. When the two escaped, they didn't try and take off. They flew a few circles, and then sat in a tree opposite the coop. When I whistled and brought out the food tray they came right back. (We have been whistle training all of our birds.)

I thought for sure that when they escaped, they would be knocking on the loft door up in New Hampshire where they hatched! :eek:

G

·
my only question would have to be why would you let your birds cross breed if you dont want the out come of it al:confused:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my only question would have to be why would you let your birds cross breed if you dont want the out come of it al:confused:
I didn't let them crossbreed. I adopted these four birds from someone else who allowed them to crossbreed. At the time I took them, I only had a few other birds. Now, I have nineteen Birmingham Rollers and a pair of Tipplers. The homerXflights are in a coop with the Tipplers. They don't seem to be getting along very well. I can't put them in with my rollers, as they are quite a bit larger than the rollers, and I also don't want them to crossbreed. I am trying to get down to just one loft before winter, and either the Tipplers or homerXflights have to go (I have a separate space in my loft where a pair or two can go, but not six birds). Since the Tipplers were given as a gift to my nine year old son, I don't think I'll be giving them up.

US Postal Service Express Mail service to Alabama (where I was originally going to be shipping them) is $36.75. I can ship them anywhere in the country for under $50.00. Send me a check, and I'll send you the birds. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.