Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in NYC, so we are getting hit by the storm. This morning, I found four pigeons sitting on the fire escape (I've seen pigeons flying around there before). One is right next to my window - I think he is looking at my pigeon, whose cage is right next to the window.

I feel so bad for them. My windows have film on them to weather proof them, so I was pretty reluctant to tear that open. However, now I am thinking that maybe I should.

I was thinking of putting some seed out there, but I wonder of it's worth it to open the window and potentially spook them and make them fly in the storm.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Poor things. I would open the window just enough so they can come in if they want to. The film is a pain but it can be replaced.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, opening the window scared them off :( I think they are still nearby though. Unfortunately, I can't keep the window open, because this is my one room in a studio apartment, and I have all my other animals in there, trying to keep them warm and safe, including my own pigeon.

However, I left lots of seed out, so if they come back, they will have some food.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
That's too bad. Stay safe.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
That's good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts