Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I adopted a single male ringneck dove from a shelter last year. I call him "Ernie". He displays all the typical male behavior: pecks at the mirror, "courts" stuffed animals, etc. Lately Ernie has become too aggressive with my small dog and I think he would be happier in a home with other doves. I do enjoy his coos and antics, but I am tired of having to shoo him away from pecking at my dog.

If you know of a good home for him, please let me know. I live in northeast Colorado but am happy to drive a few hours if I know he will be placed in a better home for him. Posting this makes me sad, but I don't know what else to do... I am not ready to take on a second bird.

Nancy

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Nancy, check your other thread, I am certain you can train him pretty easily to leave your pug alone. I know you don't really want to give him up, it sounds like. Hopefully we can help put a stop to his bad behavior. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pigeon adoption

Hello! I would love to adopt your pigeon friend! I have experience taking care of all sorts of birds. Is he still available?
I live in Littleton, CO.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Nancy,

I have a single female dove that a needs new mate. I live in northern so I think we are fairly close. I would to talk to you about you dove.

Lisa

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Hi Nancy,

I have a single female dove that a needs new mate. I live in northern so I think we are fairly close. I would to talk to you about you dove.

Lisa
hey Lisa, the thread here was from 2009.. but I wish you luck on your search.. perhaps you can start a thread.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts