Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering driving from Toledo Ohio to Fremont Ohio to see a pigeon show there. The Fremont newspaper says that the show will run from 8 am to 1 pm. This seems like a pretty short time to run a show. I am concerned about the size of the show , is it worth the drive from Toledo, any comments from anyone in the Area who has been there ?

:confused:

·
Registered
857 Posts
I have been to it and would say it is worth the drive from Toledo.
It should be packed early and should clear out surprisingly fast.
The other pigeon shows I have been to have all been the same way.
There should be an amazing variety of rare breeds of pigeons.
The traders alley and parking lot sales should be pretty nice too.
I live in Dayton, Ohio and if I had more cash available I would make the trip up to Fremont tomorrow.
Keith

·
Registered
379 Posts
Bob, did you go to the show? We went to it and I thought it was nice. This was our very first show and we know nothing at all about pigeons. At the show we became proud owners of 4 great homers. Now do not ask me why I think they are great homers because the only answer I will be able to give you is...they are great because they are ours! LOL I have not a clue about how to tell a good bird from a not so good one. As a matter of fact a very nice man named Bill form PA gave us these pigeons, so we are at his mercy. He told us what he gave us is a mated pair and 2 nest mates. Being new to this and not knowing too much we just might have all males! But that is alright. We have the start of our new family hobby and we are all excited about it! So this is our start in the world of pigeons. I thought it was nice to see so many pigeons but I must admit I was overwhelmed by the size of the crowd. I also wish I knew more about the judging and just what exactly was going on. I am hoping that there will be more shows close by that we can attend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts