Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A pigeon couple has decided to set up camp on the porch of my house at my university, which has been a lot of fun to observe :)

However, we need to move out! Their nest is next to the recycling bin and chair, both of which we absolutely need to remove before we leave on Monday...

If we scare away the pigeon, will they return to the egg (i think there's only one, and it's been incubating for approx. 14 days) ?? We will not go near the nest or touch / move it in any way, but the two large objects that were "enclosing" their little environment will be missing.

Will they be likely to return for their egg ?!! Any other suggestions as to how we should move these items?? I don't want to ruin all of their hard work...

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
not sure if you have much choice.. try to keep the nest in the same place if possible and remove the things you need to take.

·
Registered
271 Posts
pigeons often return to the nest when things change slightly so try not to change things too much. Move the nest to get the stuff out and put it back after. Sometimes my pigeons stay on their nests when I need to pick up the nest and move it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How about finding a big cardboard box or anyway something similar in size and looks to the recycling bin that you need to take away, and maybe put some other thing like 2 boxes tied together that might at least resemble the chair as much as you can, and just place the 2 fake things in exactly the same position as the 2 things you need to remove...that way the nest would still be enclosed in a similar way to the way it is now. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts