Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me if its posable to breed a white frillback with a white jacobin? and if so what would be the result?

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
can anyone tell me if its posable to breed a white frillback with a white jacobin? and if so what would be the result?
well it could be possible if you happen have a white jacobin and a frill back of oppisite sex and they paired up. but I would not be so sure of the outcome, for one, it would not have frill or very little the jac would take that out. the neck feather may be a bit longer, but I would think it would look just like a indescript white pigeon, it may have grouse leg feathers though or may not. I would think that each breed cancels out what each one has. and it could be a color pigeon if you get a through back .

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok not what i was hoping but what i had suspected :p would have been a great looking bird with the frill and collar :p
thanks sprit wings :)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Hey Luke-
Could it be they have Smokey or ?...(what is it that lightens the beak in black/blue birds........one of those modifiers that I always get confused.....)

·
Registered
910 Posts
I think smokey could work. Smokey definitely lightens the beak. I think they call that 'ivory', maybe 'flesh'.
Dilute lightens the beak also, creating 'horn' colour. Maybe horn and ivory are the same,... I don't know.
Recessive whites and some pied birds have a 'flesh' beak colour due to the lack of melanin but a lack of melanin around the head creates bull eyes.

I think its amazing the Dutch, Austrians or whoever made this breed before anyone even started recording genetics.
They created the white frillback with a crest, flesh beak and orange eyes, a mix of grizzle, ash red, maybe spread, maybe smokey and a lot of selection. From what I understand the blue and red grizzles came from Asia.
I have a feeling no one really knows where they came from or what happend to the clean legged frillbacks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts