Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
One of the funniest thing I've see is when a baby pigeon is begging for food and accidentally hits itself with a stray wing. Then the baby turns to the offending wing and gives it a look saying "Why did you hit me?".

I've had one of my pigeons chase my cat under the bed and corner her (the cat). I then had to drag the pigeon away from the cat by his tail, that was Hicken Sop (pictured as my avatar).

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
One of the funniest I saw was when Cynthia's camera was found lying on spare bedroom floor, and she thought I had knocked it off the table and was too lazy to pick it up, and I thought she had. Later, I peeked round the door before going in as we had a pigeon inside at the time, and I saw him trying to fly off and take the carrying strap to his cage to add to the nest he was building - oblivious to the camera attached to it - result, puzzled pigeon, camera on floor.

http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3224&d=1144686940

John

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
The funniest thing I ever saw my Pigeon do was flop in the bath tub while I was taking a bath. It became a daily ritual. splish-splash!:D

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
The funniest thing that comes to mind is when Giacomo had her broken leg set with screws and a cast. A youngster was pecking at the cast determined to take it off. He knew it wasn't supposed to be there.

Pigeons can be so funny.
I love all your stories, keep them coming.

Reti

·
Registered
813 Posts
My LOL pijie moment is; when Journey, my King pigeon was being stubborn and wouldn't take a bath... SO... I took his beloved little stuffed puppy and tossed her in the tub... He goes NO where with out her.... as soon as I tossed in his puppy... Journey literally jumped into his tub with a splash and rescued her! :D Man if only I had it on video....:rolleyes:

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Sure enjoyed those funny stories! And, John, that picture is a riot!

Funny story? Mr. Squeaks rules the roost here in my apartment. That includes ruling the cats! However, Twiggy sometimes luuuuves to push his buttons! She knows he can't fly so she eggs him into chasing her into the bedroom. She jumps up on the bed and looks down with a smirk, while he is looking up at her just yelling away! Then, she jumps down and the chase is on again back to the living room!

Ahhhh, living with fur and feathers...laughter RULES!!

Love and Hugs
Shi & Squeaks & Twiggy :D

·
Registered
911 Posts
My little Jackie sits on unfertilized eggs in a little basket with a towell for her nesting material. At first I didn't think anything about it, but now I am sure she knows what she is doing...........Each and every time when she is finished sitting her normal 18/21 days...when she realizes that the eggs are not going to hatch, she pulls the towell out of the basket and covers them up. If I put the towell back in place with the eggs in there she will cover them up again and will not sit back in the basket until the eggs are gone. It's just so cute to watch her bury her eggs when she is done with them.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These are pretty funny.. Wish i could see them, Another story i have is i had 5 old classic frills to take to a auction to sell so i put them in a box and set them in the house. Next you know my cat is over there trying to get into the box n see whats in it. So i grab a bird and she takes off then she runs over to it and starts swapping at it (declawed) then runs off,Although she missed. She would do it untill she got tired.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
One of my pet pigeons was in love with my pet she-rabbit. Pigeon preening and flirting, while rabbit was quite stoically accepting this weird situation.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I'm sure I've probably seen quite a few funny things, I just can't remember them at the moment :p

I do know once I looked in the loft and panicked because I couldn't find my favorite hen, Blueceal. I figured a hawk had gotten her. BUT while I was feeding the birds in the individual cages, I found her head first in a feeder hanging on the front of one of the cages :p It was one of those rabbit feeder type of things, minus the top. I guess she was hungry! She looked very confused when I pulled her out :p But happy to be un-stuck!

Oh! One more thing I just thought of. It seems like every year when the young birds are first getting used to their motor skills, you always find a few coming in for a landing, but they misjudge it, hit the loft in the middle, and skid across to the side, falling off the roof. I feel sorry for them but I still can't help but laugh! :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
taking a dip

I'm new to this whole pigeon thing, but yesterday when my husband and I were hanging out with the two fledglings we're taking care of. After feeding them some peanuts, they both went to the water dish for a drink. the water dish is a 14" pie pan. after a drink they both climbed in and splashed around, then they laid down on their sides. My husband started to spritz them with a spay bottle of water, which previously they didn't like at all. This time, they both lifted their wing as high as they could and spread them wide, so they could get sprayed underneath. After a minute or so of this, they both got up and turned around to lay on their othe side, lifted their other wing and spread their tails so he could soak down the other side.It looked like pigeon syncronized swimming

·
Registered
107 Posts
The funniest thing i have ever seen my pigeons do is we had this one youngster just came out of the nest and was out in the flight pen. He was on one of the perch. he took off ot the opening to go inside. He completely mis-judged the landing and ended up sitting on the ground dumbfounded. I laughed so hard.

Another time was with my first pet pigeon. She was very protective of me. The one time i was in the pool and we had one of those floating chairs and i was just relaxing and here came snowball down into the chair to sit with me. then she went to the end where the water was coming through the mesh and she took a bath. So funny.

Another time with snowball was we were in the back yard on a summer evening. she came down and sat on my shoulder. as my brother came closer she puffed up her feathers and when he was sitting next to me, she wacked him right across the face with her wing. Never forget it

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've actually seen my birds do this alot, but after they take a bath (if it's not too hot) they will all fluff out their feathers, lay on there sides, spread their wings out, and close their eyes. Once my mom saw that and asked if they were all dead. I bet she would have believed me if I told her they were!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
One of the funniest I saw was when Cynthia's camera was found lying on spare bedroom floor, and she thought I had knocked it off the table and was too lazy to pick it up, and I thought she had. Later, I peeked round the door before going in as we had a pigeon inside at the time, and I saw him trying to fly off and take the carrying strap to his cage to add to the nest he was building - oblivious to the camera attached to it - result, puzzled pigeon, camera on floor.

John
Love that picture. OOPS well and truely caught in the act!!;)

I'm going to have to put my thinking cap on, these stories are great reading.

Janet

·
Registered
632 Posts

John
Classic stuff! Hilarious! :D

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Funniest thing I have seen my young birds do was I tried using a couple of empty milk gallons for waterers and one young bird decided he wanted to take a bath in it and got stuck.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
These are great stories. I'm really enjoying them. Love the one in the water jug, and the camera thiefe

1 - 20 of 30 Posts