Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there would be any problems with keeping a ringneck dove and diamond dove together. My diamond dove is an only bird, but he gets a lot of attention!! He has an entire room to himself, away from my dogs. His cage door is always open, and he can fly in and out of his cage anytime he wants. I think that it would be best if I keep him with another dove of some kind, 'cause doves are not really aggressive animals, and aren't very territorial. Although, I do know that two male doves will fight with each other over a female and that mourning doves are more agressive. I'm planning on purchasing a miniature ringneck dove as a companion for my diamond dove. I think that he would be happiest with another dove as a companion. Although, I was wondering if there would be any problems with keeping the two together, since they're different speices.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Rather get another diamond dove, to be on the safe side. If you don't know the sex of your dove, get a female. Keep them in seperate cages next to each other for a week or two. They will need to be slowly introduced to each other. Give the new one time to get used to the room (while the other one is in his cage) then let them out together.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, and thank you so much!! I am aware of my diamond dove’s gender, he’s a male, blue white tail

1 - 3 of 3 Posts