Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i have an Almond Oriental Cock, mated to a Kite hen, and two Kite hens that are Aunts, to my set of new Squeeks. The young are a red and a Almond.
Is there a way to make a family of birds out of these with out Breeding too close? Dave

·
Registered
393 Posts
Well, i have an Almond Oriental Cock, mated to a Kite hen, and two Kite hens that are Aunts, to my set of new Squeeks. The young are a red and a Almond.
Is there a way to make a family of birds out of these with out Breeding too close? Dave
Let me think about this!

·
Registered
393 Posts
David, You know better than I !Put it on paper, connect the dot's. From what you have said, seem's like you need a cock or hen from a completly differant family to mesh it all together.
Hey Bro!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think i want to keep the family as close as i can get away with, at least until i find a real good flying type. Then i will work two different lines, one for flying, and one for color/Show. and cross the show into the flying, Ect. Dave

·
Registered
393 Posts
I think i want to keep the family as close as i can get away with, at least until i find a real good flying type. Then i will work two different lines, one for flying, and one for color/Show. and cross the show into the flying, Ect. Dave
So, why ask?

·
Registered
105 Posts
All my orientals are from one pair. As long as they can pump them out and the performance is the same for each generation, I have no plans to change.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HELLO! Becege! I was wondering if you would give some input. I plan to keep the lines you gave me intact. They are BEAUTIFUL Birds.
I have a question, one of many no doubt. Are the reds you get Deroys, as they call them, with dark red Flecking? I might add some blood in a few years but NOT for a long time! THANK YOU again. Dave

·
Registered
393 Posts
Dave
All I realy know is homer's.But if I wanted to keep the "family" or some what of a winning type. I would breed the "winner" to his/her granson or grandaughter. I figured you have advanced enough to be close, but not far enough to loose all the the good attribute's.It's a chance thing. But that's what make's pigeon's fun.
GMO

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Carl, i agree with you to a point. But after having breed for show and Performance, in many different type of creatures, knowledge can take a lot of the Luck out of it. Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts