Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good old Garlic. I think it is the best single thing for pigeons and HUMANS. :^)
I make a mix the good old way the Lorenz brothers did it. I buy a "LARGE" canister of pre-cleaned cloves from Smart & Final Iris. (I think it is 5 pounds.)
Then I juice the cloves, and put the juice in a one gallon container. Then fill it up with the one gallon of fresh "Spring Water." I now have the best Garlic Juice that lasts me almost a year. You never want to let it stay out of the refrigerator ever!!! That will ruin all you have done. I give it to them every Wednesday even in the racing season!!! Anyone else do something similar that might be an improvement on this method??? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on garlic and your use of it.

The only thing I can add is the fact that I use concentrated garlic in the form of allicidin complex capsules and will give it to my birds directly down the throat if they need a little extra attention, also part of rehab/treatment program. I have seen many wonderful results-with concentrated dosage, in not only better health but beautiful feathering in long term use. :D

I also want to share this link:

http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f5/the-goodness-of-garlic-12553.html?highlight=goodness+garlic

1 - 2 of 2 Posts