Pigeon-Talk banner

George Simon Is Now A Guardian Angel

4K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  TAWhatley 
#1 ·
I am so very sorry to tell you that our member and my friend, George Simon, passed away in the very early hours this morning of congestive heart failure. George was at home with his family and passed peacefully. George had been in poor and declining health for a couple of years now and today moved on to a higher calling as a Guardian Angel.

George was a very fine and honorable man who loved pigeons and had an extraordinary knowledge of them and their genetics. He will be sorely missed by me and others of us who personally knew him.

George's family asks that they do not get called at home as they wish to deal with their grief in peace. There will not be a public service or memorial for George. All ceremonies will be for George's immediate family only.

A couple of our members are helping George's family in finding homes for and caring for all of George's birds.

If you wish to honor George in some way then help a pigeon in need. George would want you to do that and often did so himself.

Some of George's birds may be looking for homes in the fairly near future, and if that happens, then please honor George by helping his birds find homes.

Terry

See less See more
#6 ·
R.I.P. George Simon. Condolences to you, Terry, and to his family and friends. He contributed a lot to PT Talk, and I am sure many others will miss him.

I would like to have met some of the former members who are now Guardian Angels, and would like to meet many of the regular members here, but for now it does not seem possible. But, I have fond memories and nice thoughts.

Larry

#9 ·
Very sorry to hear that. I met George at one of the San Diego Metro Pigeon Club meetings that he invited me to about 3 years ago when I signed up on PT. He was a nice and kind man. He offered to give me some of his Italian owls for free. RIP George!

Does anyone know what's left of George's birds that need a new home?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.