Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, been having some trouble getting my bird in his cage and creating positive associations with it. He does not like being picked up and doesn't go in his cage even to eat or drink when I leave the door open and he is out and about. He doesn't like any of the treats I've tried to give him and I have to chase him around to get him back inside. Any suggestions as to what I can do to make this stress free for make him like going in his cage? I think chasing him and grabbing him is making him scared of me

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi all, been having some trouble getting my bird in his cage and creating positive associations with it. He does not like being picked up and doesn't go in his cage even to eat or drink when I leave the door open and he is out and about. He doesn't like any of the treats I've tried to give him and I have to chase him around to get him back inside. Any suggestions as to what I can do to make this stress free for make him like going in his cage? I think chasing him and grabbing him is making him scared of me
Would he like a nesting basket with pieces of hay or nesting material and/or some soft fabric? The way I first got my two doves used to being handled by me was with a basket like this. They would land in it to play with or gather pieces of hay as I held it. They still come to it when out and about, and I can pop it back in their cage while they are in it.

I understand it would be hard to find enticements if your little one isn’t much of a foodie.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts