Pigeon-Talk banner

Getting Started

810 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  RodSD 
#1 ·
Just getting started, met an older gentleman who used to be into racing, gave me some free birds, maybe you guys could take a look, let me know what you think, he says they are from some good racing stock, don't know if I will ever race, just want to have some fun

See less See more
#7 ·
I just recently got back into pigeons after 25 years, and I have had my young birds for about 5 weeks now. Just being around inside the loft, and not spooking them, and baby talking them, they have really calmed down. One of them will let me now put my hand about a foot from him. They realize that I feed and care for them, and do not pose a threat to them. Even when they are outside on the enclosed aviary, I stand about 2 feet from them, and they are calm. Hopefully some day they will let me pet them, but time will tell.

#8 ·
Beautiful looking birds. My guess is that the first pic 2 front pigeons are your good ones. The bird whose wing/tail is on the date will be the bird i would choose as the better of the two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.