Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This bird flew very dang good. SO I just wanted to let people know about her and how proud I am of her. Thanks go out to Mike Brazil who bred her. She was a VERY late hatch.

Her record is:

Sacramento 4/4/09 --- 150 Miles

Club 36th vs 243 birds --- Top 20%

Combine 36th vs 461 birds --- Top 10%

Willows 4/11/09 --- 233 Miles

Club 27th vs 209 birds --- Top 20 %

Combine 37th vs 412 birds --- Top 10%

Red Bluff 4/18/09 --- 270 Miles

Club 36th vs 211 Birds --- Top 20%

Combine 39th vs 412 Birds --- Top 10%

·
Registered
628 Posts
Nice looking hen and congrats on your success. Will you be flying Ob's again next year? If so are you going to continue flying her? I see your club on average took the top positions in the combine. Tough club you are flying in.
Ken

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice looking hen and congrats on your success. Will you be flying Ob's again next year? If so are you going to continue flying her? I see your club on average took the top positions in the combine. Tough club you are flying in.
Ken
Ken,
Yes, I will be flying ob's again and she will continue to be on the team. I like to keep only birds who have proven themselves. I don't have room for a lot so only the best of the group are kept. 1038 also was pretty consistant for me. She was one of the birds I ended up stocking out of my race team of all the late hatches. I can honestly say I fly with some of the toughest guys here in our area. It's really hard to beat those guys who are in line. But never say never.. I was one of those who believe a bird can still perform even though I'm offline. I believe I proved my point with the birds I tested. Hard work and smarter birds is what we would need being offline from the group.

*** Thanks for all those comments also.. She flew her heart out! ***

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Congrats! Since she made 10-20%, I believe she is a keeper.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Ken,
Yes, I will be flying ob's again and she will continue to be on the team. I like to keep only birds who have proven themselves. I don't have room for a lot so only the best of the group are kept. 1038 also was pretty consistant for me. She was one of the birds I ended up stocking out of my race team of all the late hatches. I can honestly say I fly with some of the toughest guys here in our area. It's really hard to beat those guys who are in line. But never say never.. I was one of those who believe a bird can still perform even though I'm offline. I believe I proved my point with the birds I tested. Hard work and smarter birds is what we would need being offline from the group.

*** Thanks for all those comments also.. She flew her heart out! ***
Good going mate! Don't let being off the "line" deter you. I was off the line, and did'nt have a chance. Good thing about pigeon's is you "can" prove them wrong. Nice hen...race her next year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts