Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old guy that I have never been able to get fertile eggs out of. He was given to me from a fellow in my area, that has, in the past. I have babied him and gave him all the supplements advised. I had him alone with a hen that has multiple eggs that candled bad over the last year. I have my hens all separated for months now during offseason in a private loft including his hen. Would it hurt to throw him in there with all the girls to see what happened for a few weeks. I would not care which hen got bread by him, I would just like to have some young from him. Tell me if it is a crazy idea please....:cool:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I agree. If he does mate and you get fertile eggs keep him with a hen(s) all year long. When the reproductive system of older pigeons is stopped for a period of time it can be difficult to restart. Another trick that some fanciers useto help with process is to cut an inch off the tail feathers. Additionally it would help to trim the feathers around the vent. I would keep him in a pen with three or four hens and foster out the eggs. Let us know how he does.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
LOL cute i'd like to see that... but yeah put him in with the girls, just watch out they don't start all fighting over him :)

·
Banned
55 Posts
подсыпка грун

грунт в киеве купить разных участков могут обладать одинаковым химическому , но различным эффективным плодородием на данном отрезке времени из- различия в водно - физические свойства , биологических и производственных особенностей.

·
Banned
55 Posts
грунт на подс&

Наибольшее значение в почвообразовании имеет макрорельеф и его элементы , что особенно заметно в горных областях , где почвенный покривсильно разобщены и местами деформирован в связи с усиленной подсыпка киев денудациеюповерхни . Почвы здесь формируются в соответствии с климатичнимиособливостямы горных зон. Роль организмов в почвообразовании.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well he picked out a babe and still did not live up to the moment after a few try's. I now have him fostering babies for another cock. He is a great dad and doing a great job at raising young. Maybe fathering will help him get started with his sweetheart? Either way he is staying useful and happy!! lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts