Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
<Ooooooh, I like the sound of that!!>

Anyway - we have several sets of babies in various stages and you guys are probably the only ones who care (even a little bit)!

Azore & Orion: WEANED, AT LAST!

Zephyr & Cayman @ 6 & 7 days old

Capt.Jack & Polaris (Do you think he's a bit irritated with me?))

Capt Jack is just soooo handsome and Polaris (Luna's mom) is such a good mom - and THEY had the good sense to pair up - so we decided to let them hatch out one clutch. This is it for babies, until the Oriental Frills arrive - - and then we'll let each of those 2 pair have a clutch.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Slat's

<Ooooooh, I like the sound of that!!>

Anyway - we have several sets of babies in various stages and you guys are probably the only ones who care (even a little bit)!

Azore & Orion: WEANED, AT LAST!

Zephyr & Cayman @ 6 & 7 days old

Capt.Jack & Polaris (Do you think he's a bit irritated with me?))

Capt Jack is just soooo handsome and Polaris (Luna's mom) is such a good mom - and THEY had the good sense to pair up - so we decided to let them hatch out one clutch. This is it for babies, until the Oriental Frills arrive - - and then we'll let each of those 2 pair have a clutch.
I like the slat's in the floor. Never tried it. Please tell the pro's and con's with them?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Those babies have happy faces :) all your birds are good looking, keep posting the updates we all like to see babies pictures until they are adults.

Thanks for sharing those pics.

Ivette

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
What absolutely beautiful pijies you have, Wolfwood!!

I'd sure like to see what those babies are going to look like all feathered!

Yes, I know the "look" too...think all pijie owners do!!

Hugs and Scritches

Shi/Squeaks/Dom/Gimie/Woe :)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I like the slat's in the floor. Never tried it. Please tell the pro's and con's with them?
Brummie, that's just decking that we put on a raised open shelf (just open framing - - not solid) which was already built into the shed. Looked kinda like an oversized wooden towel bar. Actually, the slats are the removable floor insert from a rabbit hutch. It's working out real well for this purpose. Gives the birds real solid footing at the feeding station (food & water), there's room for several birds there, and bits fall through to the floor where we can sweep it up.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What absolutely beautiful pijies you have, Wolfwood!!

I'd sure like to see what those babies are going to look like all feathered!

Yes, I know the "look" too...think all pijie owners do!!

Hugs and Scritches

Shi/Squeaks/Dom/Gimie/Woe :)
Thank you. They're mostly rescues, plus a few that were given to us by 2 local fanciers. Plus our 3 --- now 5 --- new babies. I'll keep y'all updated on their growth ... Hey, who else am I gonna tell? Everyone else thinks I've gone a bit loopy!

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Thank you. They're mostly rescues, plus a few that were given to us by 2 local fanciers. Plus our 3 --- now 5 --- new babies. I'll keep y'all updated on their growth ... Hey, who else am I gonna tell? Everyone else thinks I've gone a bit loopy!

:D WELCOME TO THE CLUB! We are all loopy here! :D

Yes, *sigh* pijies can be like potato chips...hard to have just one! :D

Love, Hugs and Scritches

Shi/Squeaks/Dom/Gimie/WoeBeGone :)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:D WELCOME TO THE CLUB! We are all loopy here! :D

Yes, *sigh* pijies can be like potato chips...hard to have just one!

Love, Hugs and Scritches

Shi/Squeaks/Dom/Gimie/WoeBeGone
Oh, I DO feel most welcomed and surrounded by kindred spirit:D

btw, I have used (and will continue to use) that potato chip line. It's PERFECT!:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.