Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have let my rollers out for the first time today they kind of hung around a while and then tried to roost on the loft and couldn't get a footing and flew up and over the house and were no where to be seen. Is this common for them to do the first time? I hope I didn't screw up and loose them. I have been trap training and they took to it like they have always been doing it and the guy I got them from said to let them out so I did my homers were out to but didn't leave the aveary the just hung around. What to do what to do

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Hard to say. Just keep an eye to the sky and if they don't show up today, start looking early tomorrow morning. How many were there?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did not feed them and I have my to homers left don't rollers just fly around the loft area? They went up and over the house and were gone. Both the homers have laid down in the avery as if they are waiting for the others to comr back they havn't even ate yet

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Well, I don't know what to tell you. From what I've heard and read, 6 weeks is plenty of time. I don't have rollers, never have, but I don't see why they'd be any different than a homer.
I sure hope they show up.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Just wait for now. They should come back. May I ask why they had difficulty roosting at your loft?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
do you mean roosting outside when Iopened the aveary they just hung around then tried to fly to the loft top and just continued to fly away they didn't even try to roost on the loft

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is why i got out of rollers when i had them. I trained and trained and cleaned and fed and put my blood sweat and tears into them and the first time i let the whole kit of 20 out (cost me a pretty penny to buy a kit of YB's) they went up and up and up and never came back. Well most never came back. The next day I had three inside the kit box. I would keep an eye out and if you seen them then i would call them back the best you can. But with the small kit you had, they probably just wanted to go play together. Normally in a large kit you have a few sensible birds that will keep on track and the rest will follow. But it only takes a few bad apples to ruin a flock of good flying birds.

Please keep us updated...

PS-I got into homers because they seemed smarter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts