Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's Good Friday already here in Australia and my treasured Bianca has hatched at least one egg on schedule! I saw half an egg shell sticking out of the nest this morning, and on closer inspection I can see a youngster bobbing around under her breast - quite lively! I don't want to disturb her to check if the second egg has hatched yet - these babies are too precious to lose through spooking Mum. Bianca has had 2 failed rounds of egg laying - once caused by my stupidity in moving the eggs, and the second time caused by the fact that I only have the one loft section so far, and she went flying with the team for too long, causing a fatal chilling close to hatching time. This time, the whole loft has been on lockdown for 19 days since the first egg was laid, and I think it was worth it, even if Bianca's bored couch-potato loft-mates don't agree. I have decided to name the babies in honour of Good Friday - Godfrey and/or Frieda. Will post some pics when I get a chance to get a camera close.
Happy Easter to all! :):):):)

·
Registered
822 Posts
YEAH!!! BABIES!!! Congratulations on your precious arrival(s). Our last joined the world yesterday and today, too .... time to plan all those play dates :D <GREAT excuse to finally get to OZ! Tell ya' what - we'll come to your place, ok?:D>

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wolfwood! Yep, come on over - someone just recently demonstrated how to bring pigeons into Australia - you smuggle them in your tights! So you shouldn't have any trouble bringing the kids over for a play. But if you do hit a diligent customs official, just come yourselves anyway - pigeon people are always welcome here!

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I'll be expecting another egg tomorrow myself on good Friday which is tomorrow here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts