Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've just spoken with Christin on the phone, and she asked me to relay some news to everyone ..

First the bad news .. Christin won't be adopting another dove for Rally

BECAUSE ..

The good news is that Ally was found and is now home. Apparently Ally showed up at a Chrysler car dealership and was taken in by a kindly person whose wife went on line looking to see if the found dove had been reported as lost .. well, let me tell you .. Christin was burnin' rubber to get to the found dove, and it was Ally.

I'll leave the rest of the story for Christin to tell you. She is busy getting Ally settled in and fed and will post tomorrow about this miraculous return of Ally.

Christin asked me to thank each and every one who prayed for Ally's safe return .. all our prayers seem to have worked!

Ok .. back to you, Christin!

Terry

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
WOW!!!!That is such wonderful news. I know we all check every day to see if Ally is back. I'm so very glad to hear that the praying and finger-crossing has worked and Ally is home safely. Thanks so much for letting us know Terry. :D :)

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
AW RIGHT, AW RIGHT! WELCOME HOME ALLY!!

WHO SAYS "MIRACLES" DON'T HAPPEN?????

GREAT NEWS!!! YIPPEEE....YAHOOOO!!!

Sending Love, Hugs and Scritches

Shi & Squeaks

:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Christin,
I am so happy to hear you & Ally have been reunited. :)

Bless the dear couple who searched for Ally's owner.

Thank you, Terry, for posting this wonderful update.

Cindy

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Christin,
This news is so wonderful.:) :)

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
THANK GOD!!! What a wonderful answer to prayer! I was more worried about her than I dared say. A little white dove alone, especially in the fall when hawks are around, is not safe. Oh joy that she made it home! :p I can hardly wait to see Christin's post.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Ally...home Sweet Home Again!

BLESSINGS TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU WHOM CARED FOR, WORRIED FOR, POSTED FOR, AND MOST OF ALL PRAYED FOR ALLY'S SAFE RETURN!!!

Terry...Fantastic the way you posted the Good/Bad News! Probably scared the 'poop' outta everyone at first! Very clever!

I've read the Welcome to Ally posts over and over and over just sobbing tears of joy that God in His Mercy should answer all our prayers by bringing Ally safely home! I'm sure we all were the 'squeaky wheel' to Him, the Angels and my Dear Beloved St. Francis, so much so that They just had to give us the 'oil'!

I guess the Blessing began yesterday afternoon when Birdmom4ever and I discussed getting Rally a friend to calm his nerves! In the posts I stated that 'when Ally returns' either they'll all hang out or get a friend for her. Right after I posted the reply to BM4E, I did in fact say yet another prayer for the Angels and St. Francis to bring Ally home....except this time I added, 'If You want me to get the friend, I will, but if You don't, then don't let me find one and bring Ally home sooner than later so Rally can be at peace....as Doves should be!" AMEN! At that point I was kind of getting a bit of an annoyed tone. Also, when Terry read my post, she was going to answer, but then felt that Ally would be back soon...you were right, as usual, Terry!

I actually received the e-mail notice at 8:32PM yesterday evening, however, was at work and didn't read it until 10:30PM when ready to shut-down my PC, but last second clicked 'cancel shut-down' just on the off chance that an e-mail came in....simple subject: Found bird in Paramus. I thought it was one of the many advertisements that I had been getting so I ALMOST didn't read it, but then decided it may be another website that I could post Ally's Ad on. It read..

"Hi,
Is your bird still missing??? My husband works in Paramus at the
Chrysler/Ford dealer. A dove flew into the building yesterday.
It is white with tan and brown markings and has a band on it's leg."

It was signed, Julie and she included her home number...I called right away despite the late hour. I told her I received the e-mail about the dove and if she could check if the band ID started with JO (I didn't have the paper with the rest of the numbers)...she replied, Yep! And then, trying to catch my breath, I asked, if it was on the right leg....she replied, Yep!
And then not breathing at all, I asked, "Would you mind if I come to get her tonight?"...to which she said sure and gave me the directions...ironically this street is one block parallell to a most dear and beautiful 46 year old girl, a patient of mine whom had passed away last Feb.....I was with her at the the time and the most miraculous event occurred....she tilted her head upward and looked at me and smiled as I was reciting the 'Divine Mercy Chaplet' prayer. This was medically impossible due to her not using facial muscles for over 25 years due to being in a Coma. I usually receive some sort of sign/miracle after my patients go to Heaven and although shortly after her passing she visited one of my dreams showing herself to be in perfect health, I believe Ally's being found was on my behalf from her. (sobbing again!)

I was so nervous to drive but first thing I thought of was to call Terry to let her and all the rest of my 'Birdie Family' know the 'possible' good news! Thank you so much Terry for keeping me company while I ran to the ATM to withdraw the $100. reward...and thanks to God that I had enough in my checking account!!!
Still, Terry and I had to consider the fact that it might not be Ally, however, I would have to bring the little dove home regardless as Julie and her husband were not aware of bird care....yea, like I am without you guys?

When I arrived to her home, she quickly brought me into the room where the they kept the dove and it was Ally....now white/tan and black and looking just awful...shocked me a bit at first! Her husband had been working the day before at the dealership when all at once everyone was looking up at Ally flying frantically and perching herself on different rafters.

When her husband and a few guys tried to get her with a ladder she kept going from one side to the other....thankfully they didn't give up...instead they closed the automatic showroom door and kept trying until Ally had no choice but to fall asleep from exhaustion and they were able to grab her, bring her down and into a box with newspaper.

Julie's husband stopped at the Petco to ask about/purchase Dove food....THIS IS THE PETCO THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE POSTED MY AD!!! as well as THE BIRD PERSON, WHO HAS SEEN ME EVERYDAY PRATICALLY SINCE COCO CAME IN AUGUST, SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR ANYONE ASKING ABOUT DOVE CARE! I'll tell you what happened when I went over there later!

Julie went online to start searching lost and found pet websites...she found the one I posted at BirdWatch.com and sent me the e-mail.

Back to Ally who was in a large box with a smaller box inside with shredded paper, food and water dishes. They didn't handle her at all suspecting 'bird flu'...UGH! They said she ate but did not drink. When she saw me, she ran into the small box...I just scooped up the box and said, "Let's go home kid, Rally has been waiting for you as about 100 others!"

I quickly called Terry again on the way home to give her the confirmation of our miracle!

Again, Thank you, Terry, for telling me what to do with her when I got home as well as this morning at 5AM before work...I did give her water with the syringe and gave her the bath with a few drops of dawn in warm water with a wash cloth and then rinsed, pat her dry with a towel and blow-dried on low setting with the hair dryer. Most but not all of the black soot/grease came off as you had told me might happen. I'll try again in few days when she's stronger. She has one med. sized bald spot on the top of her wing...it looks red but without any opening. Her chest bone (Keel?) is protruded a bit...she lost 12gms. since her departure which scared the 'poops' outta me literally being reminded of Bloomer! I had weighed her and Rally the morning of her flying the coop with the nice Salter scale...Terry, so glad you told me to get it!
Thankfully no trace of lice and such!

I placed her in the carrier near to the heater with the top and sides covered with food and water dishes.
When I came home earlier, she had been eating her seed with the Orna-bac but not drinking yet...I gave her more room temp. syringe water. She also ate a few pieces of the Hi-Cal Grit. She's been very quiet and sleepy only once in awhile making a 'grunt' noise in answer to Rally's cooing. Her carrier is facing his cage. I'm sure he knows she's back as he ate his full dish of seed and half his water since this morning when I filled his dishes! I gave him more seed cause he hadn't been eating properly since Ally flew off yonder! How much should I feed each of them per day or twice per day?

Forgive the pause...I just ran to check on her again and she was breathing faster than usual...about 60+ rpm.
I lowered the heat, gave her more water with the syringe and sat with her for a while...her breathing became slower...about 40 rpm. Maybe she was too warm??? She fell to sleep on her little blanket....Rally was still eating and drinking happily then back up to his bed to fall asleep. Maybe they're sick of hearing me sing, "His eye is on the 'doves'" over and over again, like Coco and Hoppy who start yelling when I sing, "His eye is on the 'pigeons" and my dogs who howl when I sing 'His eye is on the 'Canines'...and the bunnies...well you get the picture by now!!! Do you think they're trying to tell me something:confused:

So with all that said, PHEW! I drove over to Petco to ask for my flyer back....I followed the manager into the office...it took her a while to find it under a stack of papers! I said, "Wow, I wonder how anybody would see it under all those papers...I'm sure glad they posted it right in the front of PetSmart or else I would not have found my dove...I'll thank them by shopping there from now on! Goodbye!" I never told them it was the online Ad that was answered...shame on me, but that was not nice after all the bucks I spend there day after day!

Also boycotted, is my Paramus K-mart who told me the other day that they're not allowed to post 'solicitations'...I won't tell you what I wrote in the e-mail to them! They lost approx. $300. per month in sales...They'd have to send me an awful large gift card amount for me to shop there again!

Regardless, this truly is a 'Happy Ending' and even happier when Ally recovers fully and back to playing with her hubby! Imagine being out on her own for 9 days with all those high winds and rain and cold nights. This truly was a Miracle! (sobbing again!)

Finally, (still sobbing) I have to say, I would never have been able to Keep the Faith as well as my humor in all this if it weren't for all of you! I prayed for each and everyone of you that helped get her home with your prayers and well-wishes and I shall continue!

Besides my sister, who was heartbroken and now rejoicing, you were the only ones with whom I spoke of Ally's escape and Bloomer's passing. You truly have become my 'Birdie Family' and so shall be addressed from this day forward!

May all of you who suffered and now rejoice with me, receive Blessings upon Blessings always and in all ways! AMEN!

I've attached Ally's "Dirty Birdie" pic in case anybody wants to kiss or peck her!

I've also decided that Rally and Ally will be featured on my Holiday cards this most Blessed season...I would love to send anyone who pm's me their address my 'Miracle' cards! Terry, I MUST send you one, so I'll be calling again for your address!!!;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Happy Dance Time!!

Thank you for the update Christin - of course I've been on cloud nine since reading the wonderful news :D And now my husband thinks I'm a little batty cause I shed some tears reading the story and then did (in fact) give a little kiss to Ally on my monitor :rolleyes: But then, he knows me and he's been keeping up with Ally's escape so he did actually understand ;)

So many miracles took place to get Ally back to you -- it's just so very heart warming. Wish I could convey in a post just how happy I am!

So for now, I'll just back to my happy dance :D

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Just amazing, Christin. I must admit I cried tears of joy when I read Terry's post this morning. God does more than we ask or imagine!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts