Pigeon-Talk banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Thanks, Christin...that was some story! Wow! Then again, our site has been blessed with seemingly miraculous situations!

Just shows that one shouldn't give up! We sure did our best to send the MOST POSITIVE ENERGY for her return!

Wishing all the BEST for Ally and Rally!

Please keep us updated on her welfare!

Love, Hugs and Scritches

Shi & Squeaks

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
It's an absolute miracle. I have no doubts whatsoever that this was all made possible by the special angels that must surround you, Christen, as well as your friend that passed away nearby where Ally was. That's a shame about the flier that wasn't put up. . .mostly a shame for them as your good business will be taken elsewhere! :p All's well that ends well, and bless that lady and her husband (and his friends/co-workers)for not only catching Ally but also finding you! I can't tell you how happy I am for you all.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Thanks again for the celebration posts!

Victor, I've no idea how you went through this soooo long with your Tooter! I just kept saying to myself, "Oh God, I hope Ally will get back sooner than Tooter did!" I still think it was so strange that I read the whole thread about Tooter just days before Ally flew right past me! I guess it was to give me faith that she'd get back one way or the other!

I'm dancin' with ya, Dezirrae along with all our pidgy friends!

Birdmom4ever, How funny it was that we were speaking about getting another bird for Rally when at that time, she was already safe and closer to home!

Shi and Squeaks, I think Squeaks also sent Ally some direction to get her to go into that building...give him a kiss from Ally and me!

Maryjane, I know how you and the other members of our Birdie Family worried and now rejoice as if Ally were everybodys little dove! Really touching!
I want to go visit those guys at the dealership and thank all of them in person as soon as I get some rest...I don't look well these days from not sleeping well, so I don't want to scare them! :eek:

Monday after work I want to go collect the rest of the flyers...I wrote on the box of flyers the places that posted them. I also have to figure out how to remove the online Ads. ???

Hopefully tomorrow Ally will feel up to coming out of the carrier...for now she's just resting alot. I'm sure she'll be back to her old self again!
I still have her by the heater, but I lowered it and lifted uncovered partially one side so she doesn't overheat. I reduce the heat gradually as she perks up. Tonight her feet feld a little cold...is that normal???

Everyone have a blessed day today!

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
This is truly a miracle, one of the most amazing stories I've ever read.
I can't imagine how scared sweet Ally must have been out there on his own, cold, hungry and confused.
I am so happy is back home, safe and sound.

Reti

·
Registered
25,396 Posts
Wow! I'm so happy :D "Ally's well that ends well"....indeed.:p

This is indeed a miracle, thanks be to God. Thank you for sharing the whole story with us,Christin. Many miracles happen everyday, they are there just for the asking.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Blessings, Dear Birdie Family!

Thanks Reti & Treesa!

Reti, It's unbelievable that such a young dove could survive the cold, winds and rain that Ally did! You're right, truly miraculous! She also was on one of the most treacherous & busy highways...our home is 2 houses away from the highway...each night I hear screeching and often crash/bang! Terry knows the highway I speak of as she use to live not far from it as well! So glad I had you guys to help pray her home!

Treesa...too funny and clever with your 'Ally's well that ends well'...I'm gonna use that phrase! Absolutely that lots of miracles go unoticed by most...but not by this Birdie Family!

Ally's doing quite well! She's eating up a storm...drinking some as well!
She wanted to get out to the cage to visit Ally for awhile...she still is not able to coo normally...poor thing must have strained her vocal cords...if birds even have such. In any case, she was making grunt noises while standing on her dishes by the carrier door. I let her visit with Rally and they had a great time but soon she started to fall to sleep, Rally wanted some nookie, but Ally said 'not now, Dear! . I put her back in the carrier to get another good nights rest. Maybe she can stay in the cage tomorrow night depending on her energy level.
Her body has been feeling warmer, however, feet are still cold. ???
Not sure what that means, so if anybody knows, please let me in on the info. as to what/if I should do anything about it.:confused:

Your continued prayers for her total recovery are greatly appreciated!
I'm happy that she's doing well thusfar, however, still nervous after little Bloomer went downhill so fast. Must have been something else wrong with him, but I just have to accept that I did everything I knew to do at the time.
Hence, my posting about Ally so often to have you guys help me make sure nothing happens to her! The poor little girl has suffered much already at her young age.

Thanks again and Blessing to all!

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Christin,

I think Ally is probably quite OK aside from being a bit shell shocked from being out on her own. I'll have to go hold dove feet in the AM to see just how warm or not they are. I suspect that they aren't all that warm, but I will go do the "toes test" and see.

I am just so thankful that Ally is back and hopeful that all will be well from here on out .. actually, I'm pretty sure that all will be well!

Terry

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Christin, I have been away from the board for a few days. But just wanted to say I am sooooooooo relieved to hear that Ally is home!!! So glad to hear the good news!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Oh, happy day!

Christin, I was so worried when I finally got a chance to read this thread and was soooooo Happy :D :D when I read the great news.

Ally was certainly blessed to have some folks that were willing to help her and a mom who went all out to get her back! Super duper.

Hope she's back on her wings real soon all the way. I know she'll be with you taking care of her. :)

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Ally is probably just traumatized by her ordeal and will return to normal once she gets some rest. Did you check her over carefully for any wounds? The reason I ask is that we once got back one of our roller hens after a few days when she was found by some boys in their yard a flew blocks away. Jasmine looked okay other then being very dirty, but her behavior was off so I took her in for a vet check. The vet found what I had missed, a nickel-sized hawk wound on her back. She found the wound by gently misting Jasmine's back with water. I had checked her over but missed it in the thick feathers. Hopefully Ally doesn't have any wounds, but a vet check might be in order if you're still concerned about her condition.

We once had another roller hen return on her own six days after she got out by accident and she just wasn't herself for about a month. I don't think she was wounded, but she was traumatized by something. She'd been a good breeder, but after her return she would build a nest then scatter the nesting material, lay eggs and then abandon them. Eventually she got back to being her old self.

I'm just so glad you got Ally back. I've had a dove and several pigeons return on the wings of prayer and it's a wonderful feeling.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Blessed Greetings, Dear Birdie Family!

Thanks for the celebratory well-wishes and support!

Terry, Ally's feet were just cool and a little warm today rather than cold! She's with Rally in the indoor cage. Your guys little feet may be cooler if their outdoors, but thanks for checking! I'm not bringing her out to the Gazebo for flying just yet due to cold weather. Today we actually had some snow showers and boy was I thankful she was home...still can't believe it, hence, my sitting on my bed watching her and Rally often and thanking God, the Angels, St. Francis for bringing her home and for all of you whom cared for her as if she were your own! I'm still undertaking bird-proofing of my bedroom...a lot of stuff has to be packed up and put in my attic and basement before they can fly around safely.
She started to complain in her carrier last night at around 1am...standing on her dishes and still making those 'grunt' noises...so I made a little bed for her across from Rally's bed and placed her in it...she fell right to sleep. This morning she was down eating/drinking/pooping normally! This morning she weighed 146gms...gaining 3gms from Sat. 5am when I weighed her before her bath. I'm sure she was dehydrated but ok now.

Thanks, Karen, for rejoicing with us...this was truly a miracle...I still can't believe she's back! It was nice not having to go out at sunrise shaking my seed bag and calling for her. I told a few neighbors what had happened and they wondered what I was doing seeing me on their way to work each morning walking around shaking that bag and again in the evening. They didn't know I was also in their yards doing the same each day!

Thanks, Mary! I bet it was nice to see the great news when you got home from vacation! Glad your back! So wonderful that our prayers were answered!

Thanks, Birdmom4ever! I did check her thoroughly during her bath early the next morning per Terry's instruction. She only had a bald spot at the top of one of her wings without any abrasion...just red, but now normal pinkish color. She still has some black soot around her neck and some on her face...I was scared to get the soap in her eyes/ears so I just wipe gently with some warm water soaked Q-tips. Will it come off by itself? Or should I try again with the Q-tips? Also, Rally has been preening her neck and face so maybe he'll be nice to get the job done for me! I worry about poking her in her little eyes...and I thought the rabbits were small!!!

AMEN AND AMEN, George! God's Eye is truly on all Creatures Great and Small!

Thanks and God Bless all of you...again and again!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Sorry to repeat instructions...it occurred to me after I posted that you had spoken to Terry and she no doubt instructed you to check for wounds. But I just wanted to be sure. It sounds as though Ally is recovering well. It has to be very traumatic for them to be out. Having lived in captivity their whole little lives, they have no idea the world is so big and scary!

I had a dove escape a couple years ago; she flew past me when I was cleaning the hutch, the same way your Ally did. I'd only had her a couple weeks--she was a rescue from a shelter and very tame. She disappeared over the back fence and I was sure she was gone for good. My heart just sank because it was winter and we were expecting more rain that day, not to mention the Cooper's hawks that are always present that time of year. I prayed desperately for her return. Praise God, Petra came back a couple hours later. I had to run some errands and when I got home she was sitting on top of the hutch, tired out. She allowed me to just pick her up. She looked at me as if to say, "It's about time you got home and let me in--it was terrifying out there!"

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Hi Christin,

I would say Ally made it home just in time too!! Between the snow the other morning and the fact that it's been raining practically non stop since late Friday night - thank goodness she's home, safe, sound - and WARM!!

That's wonderful news that she's gained 3gms since Saturday a.m., and that she is asking for Rally's company - that is so sweet :)

Keep the pictures coming - the one you posted on Sunday of the two of them is just adorable. So adorable I just wanna reach out and snuggle them both -- please give them a good pet for me :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Blessings again, Dear Birdie Family! (just love that!
My sister actually has me now call her 'Aunt Birdie' LOL)

Thanks Terry! So I should now offer her along with Rally their bird bath bowl as usual? With the room temp water or cool? Just want to be sure for her not to get cold. She is comfortable now with my bedroom at 60 degrees...it seemed too warm for them when I raised it. Guess it's a good sign that she's back to normal. She seems to be gaining nicely...147gms today....still eating up a storm...taking a drink and then back to sleeping....very happy with Rally near fussing over her. Rally seems to like me again....I didn't realize how smart these pigeons/doves really are....very amazing!

Birdmom4ever, no problem about your helping me with care of Ally! I appreciate as much advice as you guys can dish out, so keep dishing, please!
So happy that your dove flew back on her own after a few hours! Some neighbors told me that they've seen hawks around here!!! I never saw one except for years ago when one was up in a tree watching my rabbits play in their outdoor play pen...I quickly took them back to the barn.:eek: I'm glad I was unaware of that during the time Ally was gone...for sure I would not have gotten the little sleep that I did!

Dezirrae, I was soooo thankful that day when it snowed...she did arrive back home 'just in time'! I have some video-clips to put on the web-album as well as more pics of them. I'll give everyone the heads-up when I get them on. They really are so cute and adorable....each and every one of them! Still can't get over the pics from the show Terry and Michael posted! So many varieties and one more beautiful then the next!

Just wanted to post a pic of Ally sending thanks and pecks to everyone!She actually began normally cooing this morning...no more grunts! AMEN!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO/PECK-PECK-PECK-PECK-PECK-PECK-PECK from Ally!

Attachments

·
Registered
25,396 Posts
Blessings to you! :)

Ally sure is pretty. I'm glad she is doing so well.....she has alot to be thankful about...as I'm sure you are too. :)

Thanks for sharing Christin.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Oh, she is soooo cute :) ! What a blessed Thanksgiving you will have this year -- Ally back, Rally happy, and two rescued pigeons in a wonderful forever home. Thank you!!

And yes, Ally's thread was the first one I checked when I got back from vacation and I was so relieved when she was found :)

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Christin, there she sits, in total innocence, never realizing that so many people around the world were saying prayers for her safe return. What a doll baby. I am so happy she survived her little escapade and has no residual effects from it.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts