Pigeon-Talk banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I'm sure it will be a very special Thanksgiving at your house! BTW, a picture of Ally would make a lovely personalized Christmas card. ;)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Greetings, Birdie Family!

Sorry I have not been able to get to this thread to post an update as I dropped my laptop and broke the wireless card! :eek:
I was able to get online for a few moments at a time with my phone line which kept disconnecting!:mad:
I brought it in for service today and now using a neighbor's PC to post this update as well as search some threads with regard to garlic use.

Thanks, Treesa, Mary, Maggie and Birdmom4ever for your kind feedback!

I will definitely be using Rally and Ally on this year's Holiday Greeting cards, so if anyone would like me to send one, just pm your address and I'll be happy to send to you! After all, I really believe this was a miracle given to all of us whom petitioned God, the Angels and Beloved St. Francis! The card will honor the miraculous event for sure!

Ally continues to show progressive weight gain...now at 150gms., however, I noticed some deep breathing this morning which concerned me. Should it???
She seems to get tired quickly as well. I brought her to the gazebo on Thanksgiving due to the unseasonably nice weather we had...she flew around with Rally for 10 mins. and then fell asleep in her basket.

I thought I should give some fresh garlic to help boost her as well as the others, however, they won't drink the water with the garlic clove. Is it too strong to give a small piece in their beaks?

Everyone is still getting the Orna-bac powder EOD which has minerals in it. Is there anything else I should give Ally to help her get her strength back. I'm sure it has affected her having all that soot/dirt on her feathers and preening them...Also Rally preens her dirty feathers. She won't take a bath on her own either...I was thinking of using some diluted apple cider vinegar / aloe in a spray bottle which I use on the rabbits, but not sure if it's good for birds. I'm searching some of my natural care pet books also.

If anyone has any ideas or can direct me further, I'd appreciate it!
Otherwise, everything is going ok. Just can't wait to get my laptop back!

I'll be here for an hour or so using this PC then I can check from my PDA later!
I was also able to post some new pics/video clips of Ally's Homecoming on the Picasa web-album. Enjoy!

Blessings to all!

·
Registered
25,396 Posts
You know I always give any birds that come in and are just not right, a garlic cap a day, chlorella, Neem oil and even Reishi. A drop of colloidal silver down the throat has known to clear up infection. I even give 1/4 of a human alfalfa tablet to my hens-when I think they can use it. Also, a 1/4 of a human dose of liquid echinacea will boost the immune system too, make sure it is alcohol free. I always think its best to give them nutrition in its most natural form, thru food, and supplements most natural, that's the way God intended for them to heal and be healthy, (as well as us)-especially when you are not sure what is going on.

However, if Ally does not respond to the nutrition-and natural remedies, you should consult your Avian vet.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Hope your laptop is up and running soon Christin -- I know I'd be lost without my computer ;)

I loved your videos!! So adorable. And of course, glad to hear that Ally continues to gain weight. I'm sure she and Rally loved being in gazebo for a bit - that weather was a treat for all of us in the tri-state area on Thanksgiving.

Sorry that I don't have any advice to offer regarding the supplements -- in fact I was going to ask about the ones you listed... are these kind of standard multivitimin type supplements?

I hope Ally starts feeling 100% very very soon and that, with Rally's help, her feathers become nice & soot-free very soon as well.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Greetings, Birdie Family!

Thanks Treesa....that was really alot of info. Thanks for taking the time to post it for me!

Hi Dezirrae!....I'll find out about my laptop tomorrow...hopefully good news!
I'm once again using my neighbors PC.
The Orna-bac is a mineral/probiotic supplement for birds. It comes in powder form. It states giving 1/4 capful per day, however, I started the Birdie gang on that dose every other day.
Also, the garlic clove in 1 gal. water that I read on the Goodness of Garlic thread. Though I've not seen them actually drink it yet.
And...today I read in my Natural Care for Pets book about fresh dandelion being very good for all animals. I had it for my rabbits already, so just cut up tiny pieces 5-6 and put in Ally's food dish...she gobbled it up immediately!

I'm going to try getting some of the things Treesa suggested tomorrow.
I don't want to over do it, so I'll wait a few days. Ally seems much better today!

Thanks for the continued prayers!
Today I was busy for 6 hours trying to find one of my rabbits that got out of my barn....I found him in the neighbors backyard finally after dark with a flash light!!!

I've had pets for 35 years without losing one...now I lose 2 in Nov.!!!
Thankfully both back home! AMEN!

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
YIKES, how SCAREY, Christin!

I am SO glad you found your bun-bun!! St. Francis is surely looking after you!!

Hugs and Scritches to ALL AND MORE positive updates! :D

Shi & Squeaks

41 - 49 of 49 Posts