Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On 29 MAY three of my young birds got out 2 italian owls and 1 homer. I was able to get the two hens 1homer and 1italian owl in but the red check italian owl cock was no where in sight.Well this morning as I was sitting at my computer I was able to look at my loft thru the window well look who showed up the little boy that ran away from home. Like most after a day or two without a desent meal they know that home is where to be.Well after about 15 minutes of trying to get him in I was able to grab him with some loss of feathers. So bad news on FRIDAY became good news on SUNDAY. I have always known that Italian Owls are a smart bird I knew it when I was14 and I still know it today at 78. Just love those little ITALIAN OWLS GEORGE;)

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Congrats George! I suppose this Italian owl has homing, too? As I understand the Smerle looks like an owl and that was use in the making of homers.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Thats awesome :D !

george how well do italian owls fly? Like do they tumble or anything and how long around the loft do they fly?

I'm going to be getting more room and might be interested in starting with italian owls :)

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats awesome :D !

george how well do italian owls fly? Like do they tumble or anything and how long around the loft do they fly?

I'm going to be getting more room and might be interested in starting with italian owls :)
Hi GURBIR, They do not tumble they fly at a moderate hight and stay within eye sight of the loftGEORGE;)

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
The girls were smarter - "Hmm, dinner time - let's go home!" ;) :D
So glad you were able to recover all three birds! You expect homers that are flown to return to the loft, but it's scarey when prisoner birds slip out!!!

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To Tell The Girls

The girls were smarter - "Hmm, dinner time - let's go home!" ;) :D
So glad you were able to recover all three birds! You expect homers that are flown to return to the loft, but it's scarey when prisoner birds slip out!!!
No TERRI, They never took off while Rosco took to the air to see the world lol, he saw enough in two days and came home to tell the girls all about it.GEORGE;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.