Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm glad I went out this morning and hooked up the clock. Because it was a 250 mile race and the winds were supposed to be in their face the whole way accroding to all the weather stations I looked at so I figured there'd be no way they'd do better then 5 hours and everybody was saying atleast 5 and a half 6 hours. But I went out at 5 hours and there was a bird on the coop looking really beat. I got her in and I realized there was 2 birds in the day screen already taking a drink. Then I looked at the clock and there was already 16 out of the 20 I put in the race already clocked. The first bird clocked 18 mins before I got out there. Im so pissed I missed them coming home I never had a return like that from a 250 mile race. I had 3 birds within a min and 10 within 3 mins. Idk if they are good yet as I'm about to go to the club now but it really don't matter because to me the best part is seeing them come home and I only seen the 17th bird come home.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I'm glad I went out this morning and hooked up the clock. Because it was a 250 mile race and the winds were supposed to be in their face the whole way accroding to all the weather stations I looked at so I figured there'd be no way they'd do better then 5 hours and everybody was saying atleast 5 and a half 6 hours. But I went out at 5 hours and there was a bird on the coop looking really beat. I got her in and I realized there was 2 birds in the day screen already taking a drink. Then I looked at the clock and there was already 16 out of the 20 I put in the race already clocked. The first bird clocked 18 mins before I got out there. Im so pissed I missed them coming home I never had a return like that from a 250 mile race. I had 3 birds within a min and 10 within 3 mins. Idk if they are good yet as I'm about to go to the club now but it really don't matter because to me the best part is seeing them come home and I only seen the 17th bird come home.
Been there, done that........you're right. Thank God for the e-clocks........hope you get good results. Sounds like you did a-ok!!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well they weren't as good as I thought they were but I'm happy. My bird was only a min behind the winner and I came in 10th, 13th, 15th, 16th, 20th and had 16 birds in the top 37. They didn't win but I had the best return out of all the guys. I had 16 birds before most had 2 or 3. But who knows if they birds sat on the coop for that min that I needed since I wasn't there. I just wish I woulda went out earlier. I trained them all week in between the rain to see them come home from the race and I didn't get to see them come home.:(

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Well they weren't as good as I thought they were but I'm happy. My bird was only a min behind the winner and I came in 10th, 13th, 15th, 16th, 20th and had 16 birds in the top 37. They didn't win but I had the best return out of all the guys. I had 16 birds before most had 2 or 3. But who knows if they birds sat on the coop for that min that I needed since I wasn't there. I just wish I woulda went out earlier. I trained them all week in between the rain to see them come home from the race and I didn't get to see them come home.:(
Hey! That ain't too shabby!! LOL
I think they did good!!
Congratulations!
It's important to get them home.......if they don't come home, you can't race em'........;)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well there's six races left and my birds seam to be doing pretty good so far. They aren't winning but I'm getting a bunch just a lil off the pace and I'm right there for average speed. But I never had old birds that clocked this good. Maybe I'll get lucky and actually win my first old bird race this season. I have bunch of seconds just can't get that old birds win. Idk what it is I win young bird races all the time I have 15 wins in 9 yb seasons but none in old birds idk why I can't win an old bird race.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I suppose that is the advantage of those e-clock. You don't have to be there to clock them. On the other hand, simple thing just like you describe might be a difference between winning or losing. I think in Florida racing every seconds count.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts