Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

last 11th May my beloved 20 years old cat Kira passed away.

Some of you knew her. Last August she got an uterus infection and we opted for surgery: you all helped her a lot praying for her and thinking about her and you asked me to keep you updated.

It has been a month since she passed away so I thought to remember her here on PT with all of you.

She was a special cat and a wonderful friend. She came into my life when I was just a young girl, we shared together good and bad moments. How many times we played together! We run together all around the home and she loved to bite my ankles! In hard times she was always there for me and my family! When my mum got a cancer, many years ago, she understood that something was wrong and she gave her all her love and support! She was so sweet and gentle.

I miss her so much: it's so hard to accept that she has gone away. My heart is broken.

Goodbye my beloved Kira, I'm sure you are now happily playing and flying with Susanna, Friz, Beauty, Pii and all your other feathered brothers and sisters passed away through the years.

Ps: please forgive me if I posted in a section of the forum dedicated to our birds.

Attachments

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hi Colombina,

My late condolences for Kira;she sounded like a perfect mate.

Our pets become like members of our human family;sensing our joy and fear and
anxiety.

Their loss is esp hard, since Kira was with you since you were young.

Try to mend your broken heart, there are lots of wonderful creatures that need your love & affection.

Rest assured, she had a wonderful home to be in while she was alive and I'm sure the support/pleasure was mutual.

Stay well friend :)

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Yes, I remember Kira. Beautiful little girl. I'm sorry she is gone, but a part of her remains with you. You may even sometimes feel her brush up against you, just to let you know that she is still with you. It is better for her that she is at peace now, and not in any pain. Try to think of that.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi Colombina,

My late condolences for Kira;she sounded like a perfect mate.

Our pets become like members of our human family;sensing our joy and fear and
anxiety.

Their loss is esp hard, since Kira was with you since you were young.

Try to mend your broken heart, there are lots of wonderful creatures that need your love & affection.

Rest assured, she had a wonderful home to be in while she was alive and I'm sure the support/pleasure was mutual.

Stay well friend

Thanks so much YaSin11 for your kind words and for being there for me! It's so nice to talk to people who understand my feelings!

It's true, our pets really become like members of our human family!
My birds are giving me all their support, maybe you can't believe it but it seems that Geordi, my blind pigeon, has understood that Kira has gone away. I love all of them so much!

Thanks so much for your support friend 😊

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I remember Kira. Beautiful little girl. I'm sorry she is gone, but a part of her remains with you. You may even sometimes feel her brush up against you, just to let you know that she is still with you. It is better for her that she is at peace now, and not in any pain. Try to think of that.
Oh Jay, I was sure you remember her! Thanks so much, I was moved by your beautiful words, think that I may even feel her sometimes is a balm for my heart! You know, I miss her so much.

Thanks again for being there for me and for your friendship! I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
I just love black cats, and have had them in the past, before I developed allergies to them. LOL. Now I stick to dogs and the allergies are a bit less.
I'm a dog lover also, and when they age, we have lost them, but this one that was so attached to me, and I to her, used to brush up against my leg, and I have felt that a few times, especially shortly after she left us, when I was walking through the bedroom, and wasn't thinking about it at all. Yet there it was, and it startled me every time. I definitely felt it. I believe you will also.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I believe you felt her, Jay. Your experience is so comforting for me. I'm going to tell you what my mum told me.

Kira died during the night of 10 to 11 May. My mum said that she suddenly woke up feeling like a presence and she thought "Kira is dead". She said that it was like Kira was there for a while saying goodbye. She told me "maybe I'm crazy" but she is sure that she felt Kira. Your experience confirms what she felt, thanks so much for telling me. As I said earlier, think that I may feel her is so comforting, a real balm for my heart.

Two days ago it happened a strange thing. I was looking the tv in the bedroom after my dinner. Suddenly I saw the bottom of the blackout curtain moving. All the windows were closed and there was nobody...I thought "maybe Kira is here walking in the bedroom"...

I'm really sorry for your allergies 😟 ...

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I noticed that my last post does not show as the last post in the thread list. We don't know why...

So, I'm going to send it again...

I believe you felt her, Jay. Your experience is so comforting for me. I'm going to tell you what my mum told me.

Kira died during the night of 10 to 11 May. My mum said that she suddenly woke up feeling like a presence and she thought "Kira is dead". She said that it was like Kira was there for a while saying goodbye. She told me "maybe I'm crazy" but she is sure that she felt Kira. Your experience confirms what she felt, thanks so much for telling me. As I said earlier, think that I may feel her is so comforting, a real balm for my heart.

Two days ago it happened a strange thing. I was looking the tv in the bedroom after my dinner. Suddenly I saw the bottom of the blackout curtain moving. All the windows were closed and there was nobody...I thought "maybe Kira is here walking in the bedroom"...

·
Registered
813 Posts
I noticed that my last post does not show as the last post in the thread list. We don't know why...

Hey Colombina :) Hope you are well.

FYI : it shows *both* posts for me. (1st on 14th June and 2nd one 24th June)

Just thought I would let you know.

Stay well :)

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Columbina, what else could it have been? She loved you and her spirit will always be around you. Tell your Mum she isn't crazy. I think many just aren't paying attention when these things happen, so they miss it.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Hey Colombina
Hope you are well.

FYI : it shows *both* posts for me. (1st on 14th June and 2nd one 24th June)

Just thought I would let you know.

Stay well
Hi YaSin! Thanks, you are always really kind 😊.

Thanks for telling me about the post. I don't know what happened, I asked for information and help on the help desk, everything is working well now.

Stay well too 😊

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Columbina, what else could it have been? She loved you and her spirit will always be around you. Tell your Mum she isn't crazy. I think many just aren't paying attention when these things happen, so they miss it.

Thanks so much Jay, even from my mum, for believing and for your words.
Maybe you don't imagine it but your support and what you told me is helping me a lot.
Again thanks so much for everything.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's been a year today since my beloved cat Kira died.

She is always in my thoughts, always in my heart.

Sometimes I dreamt she was back from death, I was so happy but also so scared of losing her again.

She was a special friend.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sorry to hear about your cat. I do believe there must be an afterlife. When my pet pigeon Maggie died, I felt so bad and upset about it for a long time. That pigeon was a great pet. Shortly afterwards, lo-and-behold, Aggie the pigeon came along - with a hurt wing like Maggie had. Aggie looks almost exactly like Maggie did.

Also I knew someone at work who had to leave for health reasons. One day at my desk I felt this breeze sweep over me - only there were no windows nor doors around where I sat. Someone came over after I felt this breeze and told me that she had just died. I have a feeling that was the coworker's spirit who left its presence right after she died at the workplace. She had died at home of a massive heart attack.

Just strange because where I sat there are no windows nor any doors around to produce such a breeze. It's closed off.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I believe these things are real and they happen a lot more than people know, as the stories usually don’t come up in average conversations. So many stories out there, my own family has many of them.

As far as pets , I know this visit happens also. My best friend swore she felt her cat brush up on her leg as she used to , not long after she had to be euthanized.

We can’t stop death, but we can handle our pets passing with giving them compassion and dignity, and being strong to do what is best for them in the end.

I think I have a gray hair for every death I’ve had to deal with.(I’ve had a lot of pets) and yes I have a lot of gray hairs..lol..

·
Registered
813 Posts

Sometimes I dreamt she was back from death, I was so happy but also so scared of losing her again.

Hi Colombina,

Hope everything is well with you.

Unfortunately, time is a slow healer and does not heal *all* wounds.

I hope you take the time to cherish the experiences you had with Kira and feel solace in knowing that she is in a better place now.

Stay Strong :)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry to hear about your cat. I do believe there must be an afterlife. When my pet pigeon Maggie died, I felt so bad and upset about it for a long time. That pigeon was a great pet. Shortly afterwards, lo-and-behold, Aggie the pigeon came along - with a hurt wing like Maggie had. Aggie looks almost exactly like Maggie did.

Also I knew someone at work who had to leave for health reasons. One day at my desk I felt this breeze sweep over me - only there were no windows nor doors around where I sat. Someone came over after I felt this breeze and told me that she had just died. I have a feeling that was the coworker's spirit who left its presence right after she died at the workplace. She had died at home of a massive heart attack.

Just strange because where I sat there are no windows nor any doors around to produce such a breeze. It's closed off.
I believe these things are real and they happen a lot more than people know, as the stories usually don’t come up in average conversations. So many stories out there, my own family has many of them.

As far as pets , I know this visit happens also. My best friend swore she felt her cat brush up on her leg as she used to , not long after she had to be euthanized.

We can’t stop death, but we can handle our pets passing with giving them compassion and dignity, and being strong to do what is best for them in the end.

I think I have a gray hair for every death I’ve had to deal with.(I’ve had a lot of pets) and yes I have a lot of gray hairs..lol..

Thank you both, Garye2 and Ladygrey.

Garye2, I perfectly understand how you felt when Maggie died, it's such an awful thing losing someone you love. The arrival of Aggie in your life is really touching and comforting, thanks so much for sharing your experience.

I believe too that these stories are real.
My mum had an experience similar to the one you had when your coworker died. Kira passed away during the night, my mum was sleeping and she suddenly woke up, she told me that it was like Kira was there saying goodbye.
About a month later Kira's death, while I was watching the tv, I suddenly saw the bottom of the blackout curtain moving. All the windows and doors were closed, it was like Kira was there walking in the bedroom. Another night my mum suddenly woke up because she felt like a paw touching her back.
My brother, when was a child, swore he saw a "luminous" young woman in white sitting on the grass in my grand-grandparents' property. My grandma was sure she was her aunt, died at a young age.
So, it's probably as you said, Ladygrey, these stories just don't come up in average conversations.
Btw I understand what you said about gray hairs, I feel a little bit older each time I lose someone 😞...

Anyway, Kira passed away on her sofa, when I found her she looked like she was peacefully sleeping. A few days before, I lost a rescued bird, Beauty. I was really sad. I remember that Kira followed me in the bathroom meowing: she sat at my feet looking at me, it was like she was trying to comfort me!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Hi Colombina,

Hope everything is well with you.

Unfortunately, time is a slow healer and does not heal *all* wounds.

I hope you take the time to cherish the experiences you had with Kira and feel solace in knowing that she is in a better place now.

Stay Strong

Hi YaSin! Really glad to hear from you! I hope everything is well with you too!

Thanks so much for your kind words, thanks for being there for me! I really appreciate it 😊!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts