Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One came home today!!! I did not figure any of them would come. It has been raining all day long, do they fly in the rain? No hawks this morning, if the weather clears tomorrow and no BOP in sight I will turn out a few birds to look for the other 2 lost ones, hoping they are ok this is the second night out.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, raining again today hopefully they will show up! hoping the weather will clear so I can let a couple out to find them.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I flew a couple of other birds today, they all came back, but with no other birds. I think they should have come back by now, I guess the hawks may have got them. They have been gone since sunday evening, should I give up on them? How long can they be gone before there is no hope of return?

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Good idea flying your other birds to encourage the stragglers home. I wouldn't give up for several weeks. Hoping your wanderers show up soon!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Should I continue with loft flying then? Also i am having trouble trapping them back in, some wont land on the board just on the roof, they are hungry as they try other ways to get in, but they struggle to find the board, some are doing well others are still not.

·
Registered
57 Posts
dont give back on the birds, i think there is still hope, they might come back, i lost a few birds months ago and to be honest i still have hope that some of them might fly by the house and recognize the house and land:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts