Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this is the wrong forum, please feel free to move to correct forum!

Well, the bird is doing fine, I think it's even getting used to me more and more. So, it's going to be in the single digits the next few nights and only in the teens during the day. I bought a deicer today, this one:

http://garden.yudez.com/farm-innovators-economical-bird-bath-de-icer-model-b-9-44-watt/

I bought a 9ft extension cord, since the outlet is about that far away. I did buy a cat litter pan to use for the water, but It was too deep so I used an aluminum tray that I had. I used a half a brick to keep the deicer at the bottom and the birds water should freeze now. The deicer is 44 watts.

The outlet is a GFCI outlet (as required by local building codes), but I still can't help thinking I'm going to look outside and the shed's going to be on fire! LOL. I'm just paranoid that way because electricity and fire is just one of the things I"m paranoid about.

I got some hay also so maybe the bird will use it for a nest of some sort. (store didn't have regular straw) I just think it's amazing how they can stand the freezing cold. I also covered one of the wide open 3' X 3' windows, knocks down the 20-30 mph winds now and again.

I hope I can sleep tonight knowing the water deicer is out there! lol.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, The shed didn't burn down! LOL.

Also, I bought the deicer at the local pet store for only $20. Very good price for my budget! ;)

I also found someone to take the bird, we've just been both very busy, so trying to find a time to meet up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts