Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my doves eggs was past due to hatch. The parents had stepped on the egg and cracked it. I waited but the baby didnt kick out. Fortunately i read online how to remove the shell without breaking the membrane. I took it really slow. When i saw the baby breathe i knew we were winning. Now the baby is out and wiggeling! Below is a picture of little Zoe

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No that little baby didnt survive. I believe what happened is the crack brought bacteria inside of the egg and so even though i got the baby out without problems it wasnt well from the start. But my other dove pair had fertile eggs and so i put one of theirs in with the first pair and they successfully raised both babies.
Sorry for the delayed response ...i just found out i had messages. Thank you

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No that little baby didnt survive. I believe what happened is the crack brought bacteria inside of the egg and so even though i got the baby out without problems it wasnt well from the start. But my other dove pair had fertile eggs and so i put one of theirs in with the first pair and they successfully raised both babies.
Sorry for the delayed response ...i just found out i had messages. Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts