Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

If all went well these 16 days my baby pigeons should hatch in two days! :D Cant wait. I hope the loft was not too cold for the eggs. And I was also wondering if buckwheat is good for pigeons? I recently bought this cockatiel mix that has safflower, wheat, small pellets, buckwheat, red and yellow millet, canary grass seed, split peas, and oat groats. I offer them this in a seperate crock. They really like the cockatiel pellets and the safflower they eat most of the buckwheat that is not big. Both my doves and pigeons eat this from another crock.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well... The birds abandond the nest today and I cheked the eggs around 5:00 pm and they were cold so I am going to leave them in the nest untill the 28th. Looks like either the weather was very cold or unfertile eggs.

·
Registered
795 Posts
The Female, mom, Needs water, Fresh, Clean Water to Wet her belly feathers, not to mention to keep herself clean. That means, a bath type waterer.
She needs the water to help soften the eggs.
If the nest box/area is too cold (freezing) or drafty (Too much air blowing around (any Temp), she will just walk.
Pigeons Need Space! Always Supply More than enough Flying Space (Inside the Loft, and Outside) for your Pigeons! :(
Other Pigeons Too close (Nosy Neighbors) doesn't help much either.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe that it was infertility, because I have provided everything for them the right way They are in a breeding box, that has access to a loft and they are the only pair in the loft. So no nosy birds in there. ;

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I believe that it was infertility, because I have provided everything for them the right way They are in a breeding box, that has access to a loft and they are the only pair in the loft. So no nosy birds in there. ;
take a small flashlight and check them.. if you want, too.. if they got cold and they are fertile they would of died.. but perhaps they did not sense any movement if they are unfertile...and gave up.. you should check the fertility to just see if there may be a problem..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts