Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my auction birds I got from my mentor last year was sent to me as a baby of course. It went through the auction and I got it back. Then I trained it out but lost it before the races. My mentor lives 1600 plus miles from me. Well he was out with his Ob loft flying and a bird flew in with his and wouldn't trap so he got it with a net and it was the auction bird. This bird never saw the outside of his loft before but returned from over 1600 miles 7 months later. WOW!! :eek:

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
That is why I love these birds! They have an amazing ability. I read one time where they did an experiment just to see how far homing pigeons can home by releasing the bird in one country somewhere in Europe and the bird made it in 3 months time. This was in the early days. The bird traveled thousands of mile (3000-5000 miles?) (I forgot how far exactly though).

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
One of my auction birds I got from my mentor last year was sent to me as a baby of course. It went through the auction and I got it back. Then I trained it out but lost it before the races. My mentor lives 1600 plus miles from me. Well he was out with his Ob loft flying and a bird flew in with his and wouldn't trap so he got it with a net and it was the auction bird. This bird never saw the outside of his loft before but returned from over 1600 miles 7 months later. WOW!! :eek:
Are you going to get the bird shipped back to you? It sounds like this bird may be a keepewr for the breeding loft.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you going to get the bird shipped back to you? It sounds like this bird may be a keepewr for the breeding loft.

No, I think he was very excited to keep it as a breeder. So ,I guess it is his anyway just saved the shipping cost on that one!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts