Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm Iveman and I just got into pigeons about a week ago after stumbling unto them inadvertently. My neighbor builds nest boxes and leaves them out on his front yard for sale. Never having seen these boxes I was puzzled as to what this big piece of furniture with little compartments in rows of 4 by 3 were. Too big to be mail boxes but too small for dogs or cats. So I walked over and asked him and he opened the door to this amazing new world which I had no idea existed literally in my own neighborhood. He raises what he calls "Buchones" which I just thought meant Pigeon in Spanish (he's a Cuban fellow). With some left over lumber I had from a previous hen house project, I built my own nest boxes and bought two of his "buchones" which I assumed were racing pigeons but turns out they may not be, I still don't know. So that's the story of how I got started and I'm really glad I found this forum, I look forward to all of the great tips and advice I'll find combing through the articles and posts and want to thank everyone in advance. Again, Cheers!

Iveman

·
Registered
745 Posts
Hi Iveman, welcome to PigeonsTalk

you might want to upload a picture of your buchónes, Cuban guys breed Spanish pouters so most likely is what you got ..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Iveman, welcome to PigeonsTalk

you might want to upload a picture of your buchónes, Cubans guys breed Spanish pouters so most likely is what you got ..

Yes! I did some picture IDs on Google for pouters and that looks exactly like what I have. Thanks!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Ahh nice, I love Spanish pouters ;)they are very active and attractive :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts