Pigeon-Talk banner

Grit/Supplement Question

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  GladWingsOfDestiny 
#1 ·
I ordered Versele-Laga All In One but when I read the intended use on Chewy and other sites the description confuses me a little. Please help me understand a few things:
  • Is this a complete grit or meant to be mixed (should I be mixing this with the Brown's grit I bought?
  • Alternatively is this meant to be mixed into food not grit?
  • It appears to be stating this is a complete vitamin supplement are there any other vitamins or supplements I need to be giving in addition to this?
Thank you!

#2 ·
Looking at Chewy they list that as a powder and a supplement so I would say it is not grit. We like to mix regular grit with crushed oyster shells to help with egg production in our hens. Since we started doing all the birds are taking more grit each day than they were. Hope this helps.

#3 ·
Where my confusion comes in is the description lists being a grit as one of its purposes:
Versele-Laga All-In-One Vitamins & Minerals Pigeon Supplement is a complete formula featuring vitamins, minerals and grit that promote optimal functioning in pigeons. The nutrients in this mixture also play an important part in supporting digestion, breeding and overall health.

#4 ·
Vitamin and mineral supplement as it says. That's not grit. It might have bits of rock or shell, but grit is grit. I didn't label the packaging, so maybe look at the ingredients on the label or reach out to the company and let them know your displeasure. Doesn't seem there is much more I can provide. Good luck.

#5 ·
I did start with the label, it was part of the reason for my post - it appears to list redstone and "stomach gravel".

I was curious if anyone here had used the product or had experience to know if there was enough of this in there to be a viable grit or if it really was a supplement.

Thank you for your suggestions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.