Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Jumeirah, Dubai, UAE and earlier today a pigeon landed or crashed in our front garden. IT seems unable to fly though it is trying.

Most worrying, though, is that it's moving it's neck and head erraticly, ducking up and down and turning it 360 degrees around to the back, and seems to lack balance as it slips every time it tries to move with some speed.

We've fed it some rice and bread, and it's drank some water so I think it shouldn't be hungry, though we will keep out a bowl for it. I'm not a bird person at all, and the only thing I can tell about this one is that it's probably a pigeon and it's definitely not well.

As of now it's standing motionless with it's head tucked in, as if that comforts it, but it sometimes walks or turns in a circle as if to bite it's tail feather.

Any advice as to what might be wrong, and what can be done to remedy it is welcome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for both your replies. I'll be sure to take care of it to see if it truly is the sign of the bacteria leaving.

Update on the pigeon: it seems to like spending time in dark places, as right now it has been and probably will be under a table for a few hours. It does not spaz or move around much unless provoked, and just stays in one place hours on end with it's head tucked in.

Last night, we placed it in our cat's carrier cage with a part of a bun and water in a sawed-off half of a paper cup. This morning we opened it to see that it had knocked over the water and pooped (for lack of a better word) in several places including on the bread. The fact that it can poop is encouraging, as that means it has eaten something at least recently, and nothing seems to be wrong with the feces, though I probably wouldn't be able to tell if something were.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.