Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gandalf (all white) is now Gace after testing female, Greta didn't have enough DNA in her shell to get a reading and can be re tested at a later date free - won't be doing it because it involves plucking or blood so Gideon and Gabriel will have to tell me what 'she' is. Tiny Tots are still living up to their names, ha ha. :)

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Congratulations on having a hen, hope Greta is a she too.

They are super adorable and they look very alert. No doubt learning to eat from watching big sister and brother eat!

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Precious, thanks for the pictures. Glad to hear they're doing well.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can hardly believe how different their growth rate is compared with the ferals, full crops and plenty poop, lol but by now the ferals were pecking seed and had lots of feathers. These two are really milking the baby stage even for hand rears. Super cute though and follow me like ducklings.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
One of our youngsters, Vulture Face, grew at half the rate of Fiona Jr and learned to eat seed much more slowly. Not sure why. Both are domestics. Maybe ferals are just wired to develop faster because they have to. Due to popular demand, we may be renaming Vulture Face Buzzy instead.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
One of our youngsters, Vulture Face, grew at half the rate of Fiona Jr and learned to eat seed much more slowly. Not sure why. Both are domestics. Maybe ferals are just wired to develop faster because they have to. Due to popular demand, we may be renaming Vulture Face Buzzy instead.
That's terrible to call a baby that. Yes, please change his/her name.:(

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Buzzy is cute. I like that.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ha ha, at least they don't know the meaning of names eh? :D
I thought the same about ferals cwebster and foolishly thought the new two would be pretty self sufficient in no time - live and learn I suppose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts