Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our member, George Simon, stopped by today on his way to JEDDS, and left three very beautiful pigeons with me. These aren't the greatest photos, but you can see how pretty the birds are. These are offspring of a lovely feral (Mom) that I gave to George quite some time ago and one of George's racing pigeons (Dad). Though these three are certainly welcome here, they are also available for adoption.

http://www.rims.net/2008Oct14

It was great to be able to see George and chat for at least a short while today. George got to meet my squealy young feral that lost part of the upper beak to canker.

Terry

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
If i was in the US i would surely have adopted them-if you didn't want them that is lol. Overall, US has a much better pigeon program than Canada. Like i only get a chance once or twice a year to get new faces in the loft (Buying from other people) Sure there are local breeders but its not the same :( . I'm going to go to the animal shelter someday and see if they have any pigeons up for adoption. And once again, those pigeons are amazing. The 2nd and 3rd one look just like a pair i have but the first one is a new sight :)

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Terry,
What a great surprise. Wow, pretty birds. It's interesting how the white is so dominant in the feral/racer mix.

Margaret

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Well I got home a little after 2 clock unloaded 11 bags of feed,boy am I beat.Bird #1 is a good example of Indigo on blue check.All 3 of these birds show indigo but it is hard to see on bird#2 as she mostly white.GEORGE;)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Too bad you didn't get to Watsonville, George. There was plenty of competition in Show Racers, over 120, and i think you would have done pretty well.

See you at the Pageant in about a month!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Beautiful birds. I have some fantails colored up like that. I would like too know how I go about picking out which one is a male and which one is female?

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Too bad you didn't get to Watsonville, George. There was plenty of competition in Show Racers, over 120, and i think you would have done pretty well.

See you at the Pageant in about a month!
Hi JOHN,This weekend I will be up in Riverside at the show racer young bird lawn show,at Bill Harrson home I will be competing agains some of the guys that were at Watsonville. It will our last meeting until FEB2009,I am trying to some of these guys to come to the FIESTA in DEC. ..GEORGE;)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Are these Birds still up for adoption?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts