Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, found it this morning. Has to be about 3 days old. Totally my fault. Pulled the first egg and replaced with a dummy and forgot to remove the second egg.......:rolleyes:
I"ll get pictures when the baby starts feathering out. Just looks like a sweet little newly hatched pigeon right now.

POPPY

MOMMY

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Yeah oops babies are the ones who hatch when you don't mean for them to. Like after breeding season, when we start using dummy eggs.

And Renee, I've found one of my oops babies will be another Poppy. I just realized it yesterday, that a red baby can't come from two blues. And that beak is awfully stubby for a homer :rolleyes: -sigh- Oh, George...

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Sure, Renee....suuuurrrre you "forgot!" Uh huh, sure you did!! :D :D

That is gonna be one pretty/handsome squab, judging from the parents!

Well, I guess it isn't ALL your fault!! Mom and Dad had a lot to say about it and they were keeping a very low profile!! Still ROFLMAO....too much!!

Will be looking forward to LOTS of pictures!!

Love and Hugs and Scritches

Shi and Squeaks/Dom/Gimie/Woe :)

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
A Planed Oopsie

HI RENEE, Remember what I said the last time :rolleyes:"Well you girls are not fooling me I know that you all love these OOPS babies and I think you let happen." :rolleyes: Well I wish the best for this little guy/gal. I can see you now sitting on the lawn with the new one, ENJOY GEORGE;)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Third time lucky!
Congratulations on the unexpected happy event! The parents are beautiful and they sure look proud of their achievement.
We'll be looking forward to the baby pictures. :)

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Congratulations Renee!! :D

This one is very late, perhaps you can consider him an early hatch for next year. :p

pictures....please? :)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
he he! now I don't feel so bad, I have two in a basket meant for sitting hens on dummy eggs, it really takes you by surprise, I had given this hen two dummy eggs and of course they were still in the nest, right next to two newly hatched nestlings, they are featherd out now and just have a few more weeks to go for weaning. just goes to show how I took it for granted she was still sitting the wooden ones not thinking she would sneak in two real ones, I check all my nest now every week! It kind of bothers me I did not have any seemless bands, but they will have to wear the snap ons with my info on it. another thing I learned from it is those baskets make pretty good nests, the clean up is easy and no fighting over it as it only has room for the parent to sit on the rim and feed his young, has good circulation which is nice in this summer weather, so they will be part of the team and I will be more careful in checking all the nests.

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
I have the same problem, splotches, my oops baby, came and we have no bands! He is too big to put a band on now so I guess I'll have to use those snap-ons you mentioned. Could you tell me where you can get those?
HI CLUCKLE,JEDDS is in ANAHEIM their web site is www.jedds.com they sell E-Z clip rings in different colors the numbered bands sell for about 5.00 dollars while the plain bands go for around 3.50 plus mailing cost.GEORGE;)

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
The human race has PLANED PARENTHOOD , and in the pigeon world you girls have PLANED OOP BABIES, :rolleyes:you girls are not fooling me these are PLANED OOPIES :D may all your OOPIES be winners GEORGE;)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I have the same problem, splotches, my oops baby, came and we have no bands! He is too big to put a band on now so I guess I'll have to use those snap-ons you mentioned. Could you tell me where you can get those?
I orderd them from foy's but they took 6 weeks for a personalized band.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finally!!!

Here's pictures of the newest oopsie!
The baby is named PJ..........Poppy Jr. :p
It's going to look just like it's Momma. PJ is 9 days old today. Couldn't get very good pictures. It's getting dark in the loft.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts