Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!
I hope that you can help me!
I found a pigeon that I see is in healthy condition. He can fly, and his body is not hurt. I see that it is young enough because he still has little yellow hairs. It is difficult to explain, but I think that someone has hurt his head, or something, and his beak is crooked, and an eye is hurt.
This is a healthy bird, but just the head is hurt. I know that I cannot help him much, and I was hoping of you can rescue him.
I took him in.

Please help or suggest something!

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Also if you can post a pic. It may be that the poor lil' guy got booted out of his nest, maybe was getting opicked on by another pigeon or such. He may need some meds for his injuries.

As TA said, we may be able to find someone local to you.....

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Hi AlinaLa,
You are already helping and a lot. Please post pictures of his injuries so we can see how to give him first aid. Anything you do for him is much more than he will get out on the street. Thank you!

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
I found an adult in a similar condition once, this is a summary of that case:

http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/showthread.php?t=15079&referrerid=560

However bad the injuries look, the chances are that he will be fine. One of my current residents was so badly injured that she lost an eyelid...so she has adapted to use her third eyelid instead, you wouldn't know there was a problem by looking at her.

If you have some colloidal silver, that is very useful for eye injuries.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys thank you so much for your fast replies!
I am in Brooklyn, NY.
I think that he is getting worse. His healthy eye is getting lazy, and it is not as alert as it was yesturday.
I really need someone to help him. I cannot post a picture of him now.
Guys , please let me know if you know someone in the area who can help me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also if you can post a pic. It may be that the poor lil' guy got booted out of his nest, maybe was getting opicked on by another pigeon or such. He may need some meds for his injuries.

As TA said, we may be able to find someone local to you.....
I think that's what happened. One side of his head is just completely messed up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found an adult in a similar condition once, this is a summary of that case:

http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/showthread.php?t=15079&referrerid=560

However bad the injuries look, the chances are that he will be fine. One of my current residents was so badly injured that she lost an eyelid...so she has adapted to use her third eyelid instead, you wouldn't know there was a problem by looking at her.

If you have some colloidal silver, that is very useful for eye injuries.
I went by that link and his case is not like that. His bottom beak is shifted to the side.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
This would be a good place to call...

The Wild Bird Fund, Inc.
c/o Animal General
558 Columbus Ave
New York, NY 10024
646-306-2862
Animal General is located on the northwest corner of Columbus and West 87th Street
http://www.wildbirdfund.com/

I know it may be a bit far for you but thier services are free.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This would be a good place to call...

The Wild Bird Fund, Inc.
c/o Animal General
558 Columbus Ave
New York, NY 10024
646-306-2862
Animal General is located on the northwest corner of Columbus and West 87th Street
http://www.wildbirdfund.com/

I know it may be a bit far for you but thier services are free.
Thank you so much I have contacted them, and now I am waiting for a reply. It is in New York City and I will not have a hard time getting there.
I hope they reply.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Keep calling until you get through. they are very busy and it may take them a long tome to call you back.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Alina,

I'm a licensed wildlife rehabber in NYC; where in Brooklyn are you? If you can travel to W'burg, I know someone who may be able to help you immediately. Can you please send me an email ([email protected])?

Thanks,
Jennifer

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Alinala - Thank you for being so persistent in caring for this bird. We need more people to care as much as you do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts