Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Birds flew home from about 30 mile training toss. Great:D Then as I was going home from work a Cooper flew right thur my front yard headed to the woods.:mad: About an hour and half later I went to feed up and had a visitor in the loft. Now my birds are stressed to no end . Not sure if I will even fly this Sat. :( Becky , do you have any meds to give them. ???:eek:

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
:eek: is right..I would need some meds too in that case! along with the birds :p hope they are all well, so I guess you have to be home watching when the trap is open.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was home. I had just walk by the trap about an hour earlier. The six sense said close that up now the birds are alll back. But dumb me. I came back out and thats the rest of the story. Doctor Becky is going to have to come by and put the pigeon whisper on them.;)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I was home. I had just walk by the trap about an hour earlier. The six sense said close that up now the birds are alll back. But dumb me. I came back out and thats the rest of the story. Doctor Becky is going to have to come by and put the pigeon whisper on them.;)
You know what, as much as I am laughing I also believe you.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He killed # 656 big Blue Bar. I turn them out yesterday just to see how they would react and within 5 mins another hawk attack. :mad: He didn't kill any but did cut one up in the breast . I had to get the fish net and get it out from under my truck last night. :mad::mad: We are to start racing Saturday. My birds flew for over 50 mins around the loft after the hawk attack. I had to throw 6 droppers to get them come down . This is getting nerve racking.:eek: I wouldn't want to come home if I was going to be a happy meal for some hawk. Looks like I will be able to only train them and have to stop loft flying.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
He killed # 656 big Blue Bar. I turn them out yesterday just to see how they would react and within 5 mins another hawk attack. :mad: He didn't kill any but did cut one up in the breast . I had to get the fish net and get it out from under my truck last night. :mad::mad: We are to start racing Saturday. My birds flew for over 50 mins around the loft after the hawk attack. I had to throw 6 droppers to get them come down . This is getting nerve racking.:eek: I wouldn't want to come home if I was going to be a happy meal for some hawk. Looks like I will be able to only train them and have to stop loft flying.
Sorry big guy,
I know it suxs. The one that's cut. Give him time to heal, even if it looks healed he will still be stiff and slow. Also give the hawk a week to move on, unless you are the hawk's winter home it is just passing thru.

Good Luck,
Tony

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I wouldn't race this weekend if I were you, but that's just me. And as for the 'medicine', I think I have something that can help :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
one guy in our club had the same thing happen last year race season, and he sent them
to the race and his results were not good. his pigeons got home and took a while to come down. so if I was you I would pass on this up coming race.
take them down the road a few times and build their confindance back.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I am very limited on knowledge, but if that happened to my birds, I would give them plenty of time to calm down, and not stress them out with any unnecessary activities.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts