Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought you all might enjoy seeing my princess of wales parrot, Hana, and her best friend Lorraine Cockatiel aka Pretty. Hana is very tame and Lorraine is not at all, and when I got them back from my ex in Feb. (we share custody :p), Lorraine got out once and didn't even know how to fly without hitting things, so I was scared to let her out.

In March she began sitting in the doorway of the cage when Hana was out with me, and then (with windows covered) she began learning how to fly around the room and land with success on the parakeets' cage (set on top of their cage). I put a little ladder up there so she can climb down the ladder and into her own cage to go to bed at night, which she does every time now. Hana didn't like it as she considers that "her" spot and would fuss at Lorraine, but the other night Hana went to fly up there and I noticed Lorraine was already up there. Hana for once didn't snap at her but let her sit there and even shared her "cookies" (cereal) with Lorraine. I had to get some pictures:

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Awww, they are soo cute, MJ!!

A MOST handsome home there too!

Give those two HUGS and SCRITCHES from

Shi and the gang!! :)

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Aw, MJ, they are precious. I'm so glad Lorraine is settling down some. Both are just gorgeous.

Do you have to give them back to the ex at some point? Hope not.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I'm glad Maggie posted.........I read this EARLY this AM and then forgot about it. Your babies are just darling.........

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I passed on the compliments. :p No, the ex is not getting them back this time. Last time he and his gf managed to turn my relatively well-behaved parrot into a screamer. :eek: I gave it a trial run with them as he missed her a lot but. . .no dice. It's taken since February to get her calmed back down and to stop the screaming. I'd just gotten the 'tiel last time they went to him, so hadn't had a chance to get to know her yet, but we're getting on fine now. ;) They're quite happy here and I enjoy them very much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts