Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got tired of fighting with tube feeding, so I tried to duplicate "MOM"
Quick, easy and not too messy :D

I cut the nipple off half way, making the hole big enough to stick their beak inside. Then I cut the finger off a rubber glove, cut a slit in it and put it over the nipple. (that just helps stop messy leakage - a little)
What do you think?

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Great idea!!!! :D

I REALLY like the baby bird bottle...great colors for baby birds too. :p

I bet one could also convert one of those infa-feeders (as you can push out just as much as they will eat at a time, and works well with thicker formula), that way you have more control over the flow.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I love good ideas! I will file that one away and try it if i ever need it, using the syringe is awkward.:)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Great idea!!!! :D

I REALLY like the baby bird bottle...great colors for baby birds too. :p

I bet one could also convert one of those infa-feeders (as you can push out just as much as they will eat at a time, and works well with thicker formula), that way you have more control over the flow.
what is a infa-feeder?...:)

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
what is a infa-feeder?...:)
Ya! I want to know too. :)
http://www1.shopping.com/xPO-Infant-Baby-Solid-Food-Cereal-Feeder-Bottle-Infa-Feeder

I don't know if you can tell from the pic, but it has a plunger inside that gradually moves the food to the nipple as the baby sucks on the nipple, keeping air out. You can also stick your finger in the bottom to push it up if the food gets stuck. It was a great invention for feeding cereal to babies.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
http://www1.shopping.com/xPO-Infant-Baby-Solid-Food-Cereal-Feeder-Bottle-Infa-Feeder

I don't know if you can tell from the pic, but it has a plunger inside that gradually moves the food to the nipple as the baby sucks on the nipple, keeping air out. You can also stick your finger in the bottom to push it up if the food gets stuck. It was a great invention for feeding cereal to babies.
Thanks! Gonna get one of those, that will be good for the thicker formula :D

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Thanks! Gonna get one of those, that will be good for the thicker formula :D
GOOD DEAL:D

Please do give us feedback on how the infa-feeder works in comparison to the bottle and other methods, I would love to know for future reference. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
That is a brilliant idea! Thank you! I think it is more natural, too.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Waynette, that's cute. I do the same thing with a syringe, only with the plunger, I can push the food through. It works great with either thin or thick formula. I have no trouble with the syringe, but yours is way cuter. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Love the idea thanks for sharing the idea wll look at getting one of thoes bottles to have on hand you don't know when you may need it.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Waynette, how did you ever think of this?

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Waynette, how did you ever think of this?
LOL, my nickname is Ms MacGuiver (remember the tv show where he invented things out of nothing?) I'm constantly trying to figure out how to simplify and make life (and work) easier.
At work I made a "pee stick" for retrieving urine samples :rolleyes: I took a 1x1, 4 ft. pole, attached a 3" wire ring to the bottom (kinda looks like a hockey stick). Instead of chasing big and little dogs around with a bowl trying to catch urine - all I do is drop a 2 ounce (disposable condiment) cup into the ring and stand there! When they squat, gently slip the little cup (at the end of the pole) under them (they don't see me coming at them with a bowl and jump up!) (AND, NO bowl to wash)
Success rate is 99% urine catch!
That's just one of my many many many gadgets. :rolleyes:
You might say I don't have much of a social life :( LOL

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
That's funny! I'll have to try that the next time my vet needs a urine. You are too much. I'm always doing things like that too. Sounds like the way I used to fill my wrens feeder from the window. Only I used those little applesauce plastic containers that the individual servings come in, attached to a long stick with double sided tape. Worked great! And I didn't have to go out in the cold and rain. My husband is always saying that I'm the most resourceful person he knows. Gee, we could patent these things and make money. LOL. Well thanks, now I'll have to make one of those urine sticks. LOL.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts