Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time posting on this site, so I'm sorry if I'm doing anything wrong! :eek:

I've been interested in pigeons for a very long time (they are my favorite bird) and I want to care for a dove.I really want a sweet bird that I can handle and bond with. My last bird and I didn't seem to bond at all (budgie parakeet), so I'm looking to make a new connection.

I have done my research and have concluded that a ringneck seems to be a perfect match for what I want! Unfortunately, I can't find any good breeders in/around the Long Island or New York area near me. I was wondering if there are any good breeders that you guys know of that can help me out? Thanks so much!
-Allie :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
This is my first time posting on this site, so I'm sorry if I'm doing anything wrong! :eek:

I've been interested in pigeons for a very long time (they are my favorite bird) and I want to care for a dove.I really want a sweet bird that I can handle and bond with. My last bird and I didn't seem to bond at all (budgie parakeet), so I'm looking to make a new connection.

I have done my research and have concluded that a ringneck seems to be a perfect match for what I want! Unfortunately, I can't find any good breeders in/around the Long Island or New York area near me. I was wondering if there are any good breeders that you guys know of that can help me out? Thanks so much!
-Allie :)
Hi, Allie. ^v^

I don't handfeed if I don't have to, but all of my ringneck squeakers are handled from hatch day and very used to people.

We have some baby birds coming up, or if you want something specific, I can put you on the waiting list.

I'm in Ga, but I ship on a pretty regular basis.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Allie. ^v^

I don't handfeed if I don't have to, but all of my ringneck squeakers are handled from hatch day and very used to people.

We have some baby birds coming up, or if you want something specific, I can put you on the waiting list.

I'm in Ga, but I ship on a pretty regular basis.

That sounds perfect! I just have a few questions if that's okay.
How soon will the new birds be coming in?
How much do you usually charge for the new squeakers/shipping?
For just one dove what size cage do you usually recommend?
Thanks so much for your reply

·
Registered
184 Posts
That sounds perfect! I just have a few questions if that's okay.
How soon will the new birds be coming in?
How much do you usually charge for the new squeakers/shipping?
For just one dove what size cage do you usually recommend?
Thanks so much for your reply
Questions are great! Ask any question you can think of about everything. ^v^

By coming in, I mean hatching and weaning.

Doves are $20 each. The box is $10.

My email is [email protected]
Email me your zip code so that I can calculate postage.

Floor space is more important to doves than height, so for a single, the bare minimum of floor space is 18 inches x 18 inches.

For a tame pet bird, a cage basically has the same function as a kennel. They don't live there. That's where they sleep and stay when you can't supervise flight time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have three young ringnecks available and I live on Long Island if you decide you're still looking for one. All handled since birth, very friendly.

Eric

·
Registered
47 Posts
The younger two are 35 days old and the older one is 67 days old. I believe the younger set is a male and a female and the older one I believe is a female. I live in Nassau County / Near Hicksville but I'm willing to drive a little to meet up. If you're interested send me a private message.

Eric

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The younger two are 35 days old and the older one is 67 days old. I believe the younger set is a male and a female and the older one I believe is a female. I live in Nassau County / Near Hicksville but I'm willing to drive a little to meet up. If you're interested send me a private message.

Eric
That isn't too far away. I live in Bellmore, so the ride isn't that bad. Currently I'm getting my room redone and need to wait for the construction to be completed before I get the bird.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts